Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #1

New build - added 6" ceiling height

We just placed an order for our 1st new RV: 2015 Work and Play 30WRS.

One of the options was to add 6 inches of ceiling height - the cost was not much additional so we went for it. I can't seem to find any information on the web where anyone else that has done this. Has anyone ever heard of this option?
My question to the factory was what do they do about the cabinets since they are open top and use the ceiling as the top - the factory told us they can leave the garage cabinets at standard height and add a top so we can use as a shelf, but they didn't specify about the kitchen cabinets.

Either way, I think it will be nice to have that extra 6 inches of height.
Bill and Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #2

Congratulations on the RV. I don't need this option since I am vertically challenged to start with.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #3

Thanks LittlePM. I'm vertically challenged as well. The rear electric bed height was exactly 6' when raised, which just brushed the top of my husbands head. I emailed a factory contact off a PDF sheet I found here on the forums - hope to hear back from them. It's pretty difficult to find contacts for Forest River Work and Play production.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Old 06-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #4

Nothing worse than too-low ceilings. We bought our first TT without fully appreciating this.

I'm almost 6'4 and the ceiling was at most 6'6. I would scrape my noggin on the smoke det and lights but it got even worse after I attached a 5.1 center-speaker to the ceiling. Got so I would always wear a ball cap to keep from plowing a furrow in my scalp (and to catch the blood even when I did). I could even only stand up straight in the shower with my head in the skylight.

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #5

I ordered 6" taller height on my 40rls. My cabinet's go to ceiling. Now I don't know if the cabinets are taller or they just raised the mounting point. Im 6'4" so I wanted the extra height. I can take some inside pics for you tonight if you like.
JCMINIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMINIS View Post
I ordered 6" taller height on my 40rls. My cabinet's go to ceiling. Now I don't know if the cabinets are taller or they just raised the mounting point. Im 6'4" so I wanted the extra height. I can take some inside pics for you tonight if you like.
Thanks for the reply - yes photos would help so much! I've called the factory 2x and talked to the district rep, and no one can give me more information.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Old 06-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #7

I will take a few for you tonight. We just ordered ours http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...red-54129.html (some pics in that thread, but not good ones of the cabinets).I know the ordering process is a bit of a pain with nobody having any answers ! Sadly I found more of the info I was looking for here than from the rep. So I will try to help like others helped me. BTW.... we have camped/raced with ours 15 nights so far and LOVE it !
Old 06-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #8

Here ya go !

Over the slide looking forward

Over the slide.

Over sink/stove

Old 06-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #9

Wow - thank you so much for the pics JCMINIS! That looks great. We ordered the onyx cabinets too.
In your post, you mentioned you got the 84" interior - ours should be 90" since the standard interior height is 84" on the 30WRS from what we saw on the lot and what their website says.
Your photos make me feel a little more at ease with knowing whatever we get should look great. I'll be sure to post pics when we get ours near the end of next month.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Old 06-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill and Jen View Post
Wow - thank you so much for the pics JCMINIS! That looks great. We ordered the onyx cabinets too.
In your post, you mentioned you got the 84" interior - ours should be 90" since the standard interior height is 84" on the 30WRS from what we saw on the lot and what their website says.
Your photos make me feel a little more at ease with knowing whatever we get should look great. I'll be sure to post pics when we get ours near the end of next month.

No problem ! Yes its 90" I typed it wrong and never went back and fixed it.