Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #1

Thumbs up New LED Taillights!

When I purchased my new 2013 Work & Play I was kinda surprised it didn't come with LED taillights (see pic; LED on left, OEM on right). Decided to replace the dull, somewhat dim, single-bulb incandescent units with a pair of oval, 6 1/2" Optronic LED taillights (with 10 LED's). The Optronics are a perfect fit. Only takes a minute or two to replace both units. All you need is a little pressure (using a small, dull screwdriver) to pry out the original lights from the surrounding rubber grommet. Disconnect the 3-wire pigtail, reconnect the pigtail to the Optronics, then pop the Optronics back into the grommet.

When I removed the single-bulb incandescent units, I was a bit surprised to find they're sealed units. The bulb inside the plastic housing cannot be replaced without forcibly separating (breaking??) the housing. Glad I found out about this before I had a bulb go out on the road.

Anyhow, needless to say, the new LED lights are much, much brighter (especially the brake lights), come on instantaneously, use only a fraction of power of the original bulbs, and will probably never need to be replaced
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ToyHauler LED Light Replacement.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	39261  
wp_owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #2

Nice mod! You toy hauler guys have it made in the shade with lighting!!!!

I put all of the OEM marker lights back on my Springdale before selling it. My new Tracer will be outfit here soon as I get a day off work to play with it. Now if someone would take pitty on us and make a swappable #92 series tail light conversion!

2008 F150 FX4 5.4L & 3.73s
2014 PTM Tracer 3200BHT
Yes...I've finally made it to Prime Time!
Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #3

I replaced the ones on my 8289ws with these. http://www.commandelectronics.com/sl_led.html Fit just fine and really stand out!
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #4

Do those fit over the standard #92 TT light bases/mounts?

2008 F150 FX4 5.4L & 3.73s
2014 PTM Tracer 3200BHT
Yes...I've finally made it to Prime Time!
Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #5

Had to completely remove the old ones, base and all. Wired the new ones on. Had to drill a couple new holes since not all lined up. But the new ones are just slightly larger so they covered up the old holes (filled in with sealant). Took about 40 minutes total.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light