Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #1

New to Rv's

hello

Well im buying my first RV this saturday. Ive never owned one before and I think i found a pretty decent one.. its a 2008 Work and Play 28 BR what kinds of maintenance type things am I lookin at for these?

Ive already bought the E track to go in the Cargo Area for a couple of bikes.

Also i have a 36" flat panel TV that i would like to hang on one of the interior walls what are your reccomendations for mounts?
uhcrewdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:40 AM   #2

Being that you are new I am sure you are going to have ALOT of question and you came to the right forum. As far as the TV, make sure that the wall is going to support the TV while you are towing. You may need to make some kind of support on the exterior wall that will span across two or more studs in the wall then mount the proper TV bracket on that support then hang the TV and lock it down or the TV could be removed while towing. You will need a stud finder to locate the studs then measure the distance, then find out what size wall mount TV bracket you need for the 36", compare the max width of the bracket to the distance between the studs. Example: if the studs are 36" apart and the bracket is 30" you will have to make a support to spend the studs then add the TV bracket. I know that the studs are not 36" apart, this is just an example of distance between two measurements. I am sure other Ideas will show up from other members.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Hello UHCREWDOG, and WELCOME. I have a Work and Play 18LT, and have checked the walls for a TV mount. While the information above on studs is good info, my 18LT has solid 3/4 inch plywood walls, no studs. You can check for this at he side vents in the garage area. Look at the vents closely and and you an see where the plywood is cut, and measure the thickness. Just be careful and don't run a screw through the trailer. I called Forest River and got some screws designed to be run all the way through to mount my TV with. Hope this helps. Toy haulers are a little different.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #4

yea this helps, Im sure im going to have alot more questions but i dont pick up the Trailer till friday however when i set it up monday im sure ill be back..
uhcrewdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work and play