Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
jdb

New W&P 28BR owner needs a little help from the pros....

I just picked up my new-to-me 2007 Work & Play 28BR.

It's in Like-New-Condition and I mean like NEW! The previous owner purchased it new in 2008 to use for his business and never did. It's literally brand new. All the tags are still on everything. It's pretty wild.

During the pre-purchase inspection, everything worked. I was a little surprised for a unit that had sat dormant for so long. Regardless, I'm glad to be back in business since having sold my Class A motor coach a few years ago.

I've been through the unit and I have a few little items I can't manage to sort out. I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Here goes:
  1. Where's the valve to switch between the grey and black water tank for emptying purposes?
  2. Is there a "master" 12V switch anywhere? When leaving the unit, I'd like to be able to just cut all power to the trailer in case someone left a light on or some similar power draw.
  3. Is anyone using a solar panel to keep the battery at full charge? I'd like to keep it charged while it being stored (outside of course). Any suggestions on configurations and how you installed the components would be great.
  4. My unit has the optional generator enclosure on the tongue. I'm not crazy about the idea of adding to an already really hefty tongue weight but I really would like a generator. It looks like it's sized and set up for an Onan gas/LP 3600/4000 watt unit. The price tag on those is just too crazy for me. Has anyone mounted any other type of generator there? I'd like to go with LP, given it doesn't have the refueling station option so I'm not carrying fuel on the trailer.
Please feel free to just answer one question if you like. No need to feel the burden to address them all but thanks in advance for your help.

J.D.
jdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #2

Gray and black valve is next to tank on left side should be the only two valves! One for gray and one for black. i have a 06 and that's all I have.
HarrynSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #3

I use to have a 2006 BR and Now I have a 30WR. The valves for the tanks are for the black tank to the left of the sewer pipe on drivers side of trailer and the gray is to the right nearer the tires.

There is no 12 volt shut off for storage unless someone put on on it. You will have to dissconnect the battery or add a 12 volt shut off yourself. By the way if you still only have one battery it won't be enough. Two would be minimum, I run four. So you actually have a generator box on the tongue all wired up for a generator? Inside start and hour switch and everything? If that is the case I would pay the bucks for a generator that would fit in there. Check Craigslist you may find one for way less than new. If it's just a generator platform like the two W&P I have had. I would put a Delta Tongue Box there. The one I got for mine fits perfect. I put four batteries in there. I run a portable Honda Generator. If your planning on running a generator to power your AC and you have a 15k BTU unit you will need at least a 3000 watt and that might be cutting it close. If your going to run a generator for charging the batteries and running just about everything else except microwave a 2000 watt will work. You can get two Honda 2000 with a Companion and run both for 4000 watt when you need AC or just one when you don't.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #4

It seems like my black water tank and gray water tank fill indicator lights are backward, ill check next week when I get home.
HarrynSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #5

It's funny you should say that when I got my 28BR my gray and black tank indicator was reversed on the monitor. I climbed under the trailer and cut and swaped the two wires at the gray and black tank.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote