Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2010, 04:12 AM   #1

New Work and Play -Take It EZ

I have a week old Take It EZ 14. It has a small AC unit installed along the bottom of the front end cabinet area. It has an outside vent and a screened hole in the floor to get air into the exhaust area. There is a small 12V fan that blows some air out the side vent.
It appears that the air in the mostly enclosed compartment where the AC is putting out hot air is getting hot enough to cause the AC to cycle off eventhough the inside of the camper is still too warm to be tolerable.
Anyone know of a solution or have a similar situation or have this camper???
Thanks,
Old 11-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #2

ez 14

Hi ... I have the same unit you have, but I have not used it for caming yet, my unit doesn't even have a small fan in that area, it has nothing. I have been thinking this would be a problem in summer. Have you done anything to fix it at all?

my email is tattsmyway@gmail.com

Larry
Old 11-27-2015, 12:11 AM   #3

If you go into the air space behind the AC unit, you might find a small three-speed window fan. You may be able to change the speed of the fan.

Mine had been wired backward so it was drawing outside air into the AC unit exhaust space in the camper instead of exhausting it. This is how I discovered the fan speed control. It any event, after the camper dealer reversed the polarity on the fan and set it to medium speed it seems to exhausts the AC unit well. Make sure the small intake air vent in the floor is clear.
Astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work and play