Old 08-12-2017, 09:30 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by drittal View Post
80# (max for tire) and never over 65mph, usually 62. Trailer sits fairly level depending on how it is laden. We didn't have full water this time so it was slightly nose low, yet it was rear tire that blew.
My 2017 25WAB tires are stamped 65 Max PSI. Did you replace the OEM tires or did yours come with different tires with a max PSI of 80#?

Jack

Old 08-12-2017, 09:34 AM   #22

Just checked your profile and see you have a larger Work and Play which probably accounts for the difference in tires and PSI.

Jack

Old 08-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #23

Yeah. FRP construction would be same as WAB? I was really impressed with how it handled the blow out. I've seen composite and tin sidings nearly disintegrate during blow outs
Old 08-15-2017, 07:36 PM   #24

Take your money and run as fast as you can . These trailers are junk.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red and 30WR View Post

I always find these sort of responses "interesting". I am not saying that they are or are not junk. But, when you make such a strong statement, I think it is important to also expand on your reasoning. If these trailers are junk, what trailer would you recommend? And what are the structural differences between the W&P and the one(s) you recommend that make the latter superior? And, finally - what are the financial considerations in comparisons? As a newbie, I certainly have a lot to learn and appreciate everyone's input. But, I would like some facts to support the opinions offered up. Thanks!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:09 PM   #26

I would like to hear it!
Old 08-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red and 30WR View Post
So what kind of trailer do you have?

If it is a Work & Play why do you still have it if you feel so negative about Work and Play?

If you do not have a Work and Play why are you still lurking here?

If your such an expert share some of your expertise with us.

Jack
Old 08-15-2017, 11:00 PM   #28

1. I would start by checking past years of depreciation on the NADA website.
2. W&P trailers use Plywood sides with thin fiberglass bonded on the outside, there is no hollow area or insulation to stop heat or cold penetration. Nothing can be added to the outer walls unless it fastens through to the outside of the walls.
3. Before you believe Chaz Hood in the warranty department is good to work with, realize he is brought in when the dealers are no help. Problems have been escalated up several levels before Chaz is involved. (anyone that knows Chaz either works for Forest River or has had a problem escalated up.)
4. W&P advertise the roof as seamless metal when it has a seam around the perimeter of the flat part of the roof, (a 25 WAB has about 66 feet of caulking on the perimeter of the roof.) A rubber membrane roof is always sloped and wraps over the sides so there is no standing water on the seam. Most RV shops are proficient at changing membrane roofs. very few shops can handle the thin aluminum types. Membrane roofs are warranted for 10 to 12 years, W&P has a disclaimer that they are not responsible for leaks after 90 days. Every time water standing against caulking freezes, the caulk lifts a little more.
5. My 25 WAB has no heater vent in the bathroom, with uninsulated walls and floor it is very cold getting out of the shower.
6. Condensation from the AC drains on the roof to pool and look for a leak. You should be able to park level and not worry about pooling water.
7. My fuel tank was higher than the filler cap. our local dealer had to cut a hole in the side of the camper and in the floor to reroute the line. The builder knew it would not work and sent it out anyway.
8. the front covers look good but do not stay on. you have to spread the fasteners on the middle cover to get them in the holes for the friction fasteners to hold them in place. ( there is a video on Youtube showing the middle cover inverting and coming off at highway speeds)
9. Done for now. Reply back if you need more reasons to not buy this.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:23 PM   #29

[QUOTE=Concerned tax payer;1595184]1. I would start by checking past years of depreciation on the NADA website.
2. W&P trailers use Plywood sides with thin fiberglass bonded on the outside, there is no hollow area or insulation to stop heat or cold penetration. Nothing can be added to the outer walls unless it fastens through to the outside of the walls.
3. Before you believe Chaz Hood in the warranty department is good to work with, realize he is brought in when the dealers are no help. Problems have been escalated up several levels before Chaz is involved. (anyone that knows Chaz either works for Forest River or has had a problem escalated up.)
4. W&P advertise the roof as seamless metal when it has a seam around the perimeter of the flat part of the roof, (a 25 WAB has about 66 feet of caulking on the perimeter of the roof.) A rubber membrane roof is always sloped and wraps over the sides so there is no standing water on the seam. Most RV shops are proficient at changing membrane roofs. very few shops can handle the thin aluminum types. Membrane roofs are warranted for 10 to 12 years, W&P has a disclaimer that they are not responsible for leaks after 90 days. Every time water standing against caulking freezes, the caulk lifts a little more.
5. My 25 WAB has no heater vent in the bathroom, with uninsulated walls and floor it is very cold getting out of the shower.
6. Condensation from the AC drains on the roof to pool and look for a leak. You should be able to park level and not worry about pooling water.
7. My fuel tank was higher than the filler cap. our local dealer had to cut a hole in the side of the camper and in the floor to reroute the line. The builder knew it would not work and sent it out anyway.
8. the front covers look good but do not stay on. you have to spread the fasteners on the middle cover to get them in the holes for the friction fasteners to hold them in place. ( there is a video on Youtube showing the middle cover inverting and coming off at highway speeds)
9. Done for now. Reply back if you need more reasons to not buy this.[/QUOTE

Your nose is going to grow for telling all these none truths you know.

Jack
Old 08-15-2017, 11:25 PM   #30

Jack, walk me through what part is not true

Tags