Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #61

Newbie with ?'s - WAB the strongest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned tax payer View Post
Jaherbst and Drittal, are you Chas Hood or do you work for Forest River

Yes, I must be Chaz Hood and like to refer to myself in the 3rd Pearson. :eyeroll As for working for W&P/FR, I think I've flown over Indiana.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1701.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	148687

3/8" front seam. Actually a little under 3/8" on the tape, but who cares.

Now that I've answered your questions and requests, please provide a picture of where your roof has leaked and the damage caused by it. When did you last check the seals? Do you do any proactive measures like parking the camper slightly off level or a cover when not in use?
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #62

Btw, this is what a non one piece flat roof looks like on a Pace American Race trailer.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1705.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	148693

See all the seams?
Old 08-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by drittal View Post
Yes, I must be Chaz Hood and like to refer to myself in the 3rd Pearson. :eyeroll As for working for W&P/FR, I think I've flown over Indiana.

Attachment 148687

3/8" front seam. Actually a little under 3/8" on the tape, but who cares.

Now that I've answered your questions and requests, please provide a picture of where your roof has leaked and the damage caused by it. When did you last check the seals? Do you do any proactive measures like parking the camper slightly off level or a cover when not in use?
His roof has never leaked. He just thinks it might leak someday. I think it's called "paranoia". Henny Penny was wrong, the Sky is Not Falling! It must be a miserable life.

When I have a "real" problem I fix it and get on with my life. Ruminating over something that has not happened yet only shortens ones life.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:56 PM   #64

Why are you guys putting so much effort into defending Work and Play's poor design?. You're comparing a trailer design for hauling cargo to an insulated trailer designed for humans to sleep inside. When the water finds a weak spot in the caulking it will saturate the insulation in the roof and cause mold and a multitude of other issues. A roof that is advertised as seamless should have no seams.
Concerned tax payer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:00 AM   #65

~2.5" of rain the last day and a half. Rain quit last night some time. This is how much water is left trapped in the roof when you park it half a bubble off level. Don't make mountains from mole hills.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1871.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	151639
Old 09-17-2017, 08:45 PM   #66

Water generally does not pool up on the walls, get up higher and closer and show us a picture of the roof.
Concerned tax payer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags