Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
2008 27srvs toyhauler

ramp door/slip and slide wadaheck?

has anybody put anything on there toyhauler ramp door to make it more slip resistant? when i bought mine it had the rubber diamond plate looking floor and thought wow that looks nice. well im getting tired of falling and busting my butt on it, dont even get me started on how bad it is when its wet. cant do grip tape as the floor isnt smooth and dont know if paint will stick because its a rubber vinyl type material.

P.S. Great job wildwood you succeeded in putting the slipperyest floor known to mankind on a rampdoor.

any suggestions? besides cutting up the floor? its only a couple months old.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 05-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Checkster,

I have a 2008 Work and Play toy hauler. The trailer came with a floor that appears to be pick-up truck bed liner. The floor is very tough, and slip resistant. The coating is around 1/8 inch thick. I'm not sure it this would work on your ramp, but it might be worth looking in to. I would check with a shop that installs the stuff, and maybe let them do it and guarantee it.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #3

You can purchase the do it yourself bedliner kit from advance auto parts, for about 50 bucks. A friend of mine did it to his truck, and it looks pretty good. He said that the surface that you are applying it to MUST be free of dirt and rust, and not be "glossy", so that the paint will adhere to the surface. Ideally, they recommend sandblasting the surface to remove the paint before applying the coating. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
Site Team

I'd pull that rubber mat up and take it to a Rhino or LineX place and let them spray it. I prefer Rhino because it's softer and more slip resistant when wet. You could sand blast or wire wheel the rubber mat and that would make it a little better if you don't want the expense of redoing it just yet. It's the finished surface on the mat that makes it slippery. Anything to rough it up will help the situation.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
2008 27srvs toyhauler

good idea, wonder if i could hit it with a DA and some 60grit. might give it a try when i get home.

Thanks guys, if roughing it up doesnt work i might take it up the bed liner place and see what they can do.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
I'd pull that rubber mat up and take it to a Rhino or LineX place and let them spray it. I prefer Rhino because it's softer and more slip resistant when wet. You could sand blast or wire wheel the rubber mat and that would make it a little better if you don't want the expense of redoing it just yet. It's the finished surface on the mat that makes it slippery. Anything to rough it up will help the situation.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #6

I have the spray on floor i my fk 40 not to slipery. But it is very hard to clean scrub wet vacuum better way
farmall john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #7

Mines got the Sprayed in Rhino Liner on the ramp and the floor of the cargo area and up the walls about four inches... more or less turning the whole garage into a tub.. completely waterproof and sealed..
uhcrewdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work and play