Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2016, 01:03 PM   #1

Replacement Clips for Front Storage

Anyone know where I can get replacements for these clips?

We lost one going down the road last weekend and would like to have a few spares on hand.
powerstroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:29 AM   #2

With little help from my dealer, a ton of Google and me looking all over town I found one online.

In case someone comes across this later and is looking for it. The exact replacement is a Southco 19 Series Swell Latch (Part Number: 19-14-10). You will need to add washers like the one on the left.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 08-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #3

Thank YOU - brought my 30WRS home Saturday from the dealer and evidently the clips weren't all screwed in tight...lost the center piece at highway speed. Luckily it was noticed and we were able to get over to the side and run back to get it...also luckily it didn't break someone's windshield and/or get run over.

So - had a chat with the dealer yesterday and will be getting a package of clips...but I think I'll also grab one of these to have on hand.

Thanks for your research!

BTW - still happy with the TH, towed perfectly and nothing seems out of whack otherwise.
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:02 PM   #4

Yikes, on second thought, just checked the Amazon page...don't think I want to pay $18+ for one clip....

I'll see how many the dealer sends me first....
Old 08-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #5

My dealer was zero help. I called and had to go to voicemail 2 times (multiple days between each voicemail) with their parts department and then finally spoke a spoke to a lady after a week of waiting. She said she was going to call W&P to see if they could order it and never returned my call.

I ordered 2 latches and they combine the shipping on multiple. I want to say it was $25 instead of $36.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:55 AM   #6

Front clips

Our front cover would bend in at highway speed and pop out when slowing down and fall off. Work and play was no help until we posted a gopro video to youtube. Other than the cover latches not working, the shower leaking, no heat vent in the bathroom, the storage compartment doors leaking, and the roof looking like a bath tub (the roof is lower than the walls), the gas tank filler lower than the tank (redone by the dealer before usable )and the caulking looking like it was leveled with a snow shovel I am mostly disappointed.
Concerned tax payer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:28 PM   #7

You can order clips from work and play through your dealer.

CHood@forestriverinc.com
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:45 PM   #8

I've seen those WP with those plastic front covers and those cheap clips . what rv designer /engineer would put something like that on the front of a th or anywhere else .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
I've seen those WP with those plastic front covers and those cheap clips . what rv designer /engineer would put something like that on the front of a th or anywhere else .
Well personally I like the panels. Remove them and everything is exposed in the open including battery, propane, and generator. Makes for easy peasy access.

Don't knock it till you''ve tried it. You sound like a very unpleasant person. Go take a nap.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
Well personally I like the panels. Remove them and everything is exposed in the open including battery, propane, and generator. Makes for easy peasy access.

Don't knock it till you''ve tried it. You sound like a very unpleasant person. Go take a nap.
x2 on the panels. My dealer was very helpful (although I haven't received the clips yet) they have been ordered and have to be shipped to the dealer, then they'll forward them to me. Now that I know the proper way they should be installed, they do work great.

Seems as though all dealers are not created equal.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:58 AM   #11

Unfotunately only the dealer can order parts from Forest River. Evan on a simple thing like this.

Jack
Old 08-18-2016, 11:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Not meaning to knock you or your unit . But have seen and worked on those cheap panels . sorry if you can't handle the truth or other opinions .
my batteries are easier access as are me propane bottles and i do have cheap clips that fail or a panel that will look like crap in a few yrs .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroked View Post
My dealer was zero help. I called and had to go to voicemail 2 times (multiple days between each voicemail) with their parts department and then finally spoke a spoke to a lady after a week of waiting. She said she was going to call W&P to see if they could order it and never returned my call.

I ordered 2 latches and they combine the shipping on multiple. I want to say it was $25 instead of $36.
My dealer came through and I received 5 clips plus washers. I also ordered some from Amazon just to have on hand - they came without the washers. On my unit, the washers go first in the stack since they DO NOT
fit through the drilled hole. Once we figured that out, they work perfect and are tight as can be.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and your previous research.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #14

This is how you lose your front clips!
Attached Files
Old 01-04-2017, 11:52 PM   #15

Here are some problems that we are we having with our Work and Play camper. Watch these before you commit to buying one:

Old 01-05-2017, 12:01 AM   #16

What model do you have? My roof isn't that bad but I do have a low spot at the front (basically a ripple) where water collects. I took it in for other work and they told me it was normal... But then again I do have a horrible dealer IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned tax payer View Post
Here are some problems that we are we having with our Work and Play camper. Watch these before you commit to buying one:

Old 01-05-2017, 01:16 AM   #17

2016 25WAB Work and Play,, water against the water based sealer is asking for a leak, if the top radius would have been turned 180% it would have allowed water to run off and would have acted as a rain deflector on the side
Old 01-05-2017, 01:17 AM   #18

[QUOTE=powerstroked;1393322]What model do you have? My roof isn't that bad but I do have a low spot at the front (basically a ripple) where water collects. I took it in for other work and they told me it was normal... But then again I do have a horrible dealer IMO.[/QUO

2016 25WAB
Old 01-05-2017, 01:20 AM   #19

Please watch these videos, the one on the front cover should explain the problem

Old 01-05-2017, 01:36 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Not meaning to knock you or your unit . But have seen and worked on those cheap panels . sorry if you can't handle the truth or other opinions .
my batteries are easier access as are me propane bottles and i do have cheap clips that fail or a panel that will look like crap in a few yrs .
Watch these and see if it looks like your campers

Tags
replacement, storage