Well yesterday I got a little carried away and began working on the trailer. Bad thing is I took no pics. I used a wire brush and SP and then went to town with brake cleaner. The brake cleaner was a BAD IDEA! the coating on the frame is crap. The brake cleaner made the black coating peal and bubble which tells me it was coated with a cheap latex based coating. After all that I went to town with several cans of Rustoleum which should last a couple of years. Not real clean looking but not real concerned with that.
From looking at the entire underbody I do believe that this unit was at the beach a lot, even inside on the folding wall beds it has light rust at the hinges. Either that, or it was stored in a building with some type of corrosive like chlorine.
Work & Play 18LT