Old 02-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Driver had to fill tank as they are empty from factory.
Just a little comment if you don't mind, I would never take possession of a unit without having the dealer go through it first and then a pdi with you.

If you find something terribly wrong with this unit, its your word against yours on how or when it happened.

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"

Old 02-02-2016, 03:15 PM   #12

This whole thing it's been screwed up. If I ever special order another one it will be different. We were told three different dates for the camper delivery. To keep us from canceling the order they brought it straight from factory to us without it going to dealer first. We were not told until day it was delivered that the guys bringing it were just drivers and do not know anything about it.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:32 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Pull the fuse to the furnace and put it back in. May sound crazy, but it will reset circuit board. Same thing happens to me under certain circumstances, not sure what they are yet, but it has to do with generator/battery/transfer switch. Doesn't happen all the time, so there is a sequence of events that causes it.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:28 PM   #14

FYI! It was the limit switch. Unfortunately the one on our camper is not resettable and the local camper dealer had to order one. We were told it's due to the way we shut the camper down. Basically turning off the battery killed the fan but the burner kept burning so the limit switch shut the whole furnace down. So always make sure to turn furnace to off and let blower stop before killing power to it. Now all I can think is duh. I should have known better.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:25 PM   #15
Usually Confused Member

Kinda curious why you disconnect the battery.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:26 PM   #16

By disconnect the battery I mean turned batteries off. Not physically disconnect
Old 02-15-2016, 11:34 PM   #17
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
By disconnect the battery I mean turned batteries off. Not physically disconnect
Same question, why turn them off?

Old 02-16-2016, 08:13 PM   #18

My understanding is if anything happens to be left on it will run the batteries down.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:26 PM   #19
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
My understanding is if anything happens to be left on it will run the batteries down.
Well, that's true but it normally takes a long time. I've never worried about it because both of my trailers are always hooked to shore power at home.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
True, but usually when one is done camping for the weekend, the heat is turned off, things are packed up, and there is a drive home, when the unit goes into "sleep" mode, that's when you "turn off" your battery. The furnace fan usually only runs for about a minute or so, so that is some fast packing, unless you forgot to turn off the furnace and just killed the battery. Either way, things happen and you've learned a lesson. Now you can be an educator to those who don't know any better!

Tags
heater, suburban