Old 01-25-2016, 12:57 AM   #1

Suburban heater

Our new 2016 38 fks was delivered yesterday straight from the factory so who knows if or how we'll it was checked before delivery. So last night we cranked the generator, turned the battery switch to the on position, and had one full propane bottle. Furnace ran fine. Cycled on and off just like it should. Ran for about two hours sitting in driveway. Did same this morning. Moved camper to camp ground this afternoon. Heater fan will come on run less than a minute and shut off. I do not hear the igniter clicking trying to light. Propane tank still feels fairly full and water heater will run on propane. Problem is probably operator error but not sure.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:14 AM   #2
Head Rambler

You didn't accidently cover one (or more) of the floor vents did you?

What is the thermostat set on?

Old 01-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #3

Don't think any are covered. Will have to double check. If it was covered should it cycle and start working again after obstruction is moved?

Was originally set on 70. Think they ended up running it up to 85 trying to get it to come on.

The back door open should not have anything to do with why it won't run should it. Sounds crazy but it's the only thing I can think of that was different
Old 01-25-2016, 09:10 AM   #4
Head Rambler

The back door won't have anything to do with it, but obstructing air flow will. If a vent, inside or out, is covered up it can cause it not to light. Clearing the obstruction should allow it to resume operation.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:14 AM   #5

I don't think it's vent obstructed. Almost positive it's not obstructed outside but will check both
Old 01-25-2016, 09:37 AM   #6
Head Rambler

If there's no obstruction then it's time to start troubleshooting the gas and electrical side of the system.

Could be something came loose during the move and setup since it worked twice prior.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Our new 2016 38 fks was delivered yesterday straight from the factory so who knows if or how we'll it was checked before delivery. So last night we cranked the generator, turned the battery switch to the on position, and had one full propane bottle. Furnace ran fine. Cycled on and off just like it should. Ran for about two hours sitting in driveway. Did same this morning. Moved camper to camp ground this afternoon. Heater fan will come on run less than a minute and shut off. I do not hear the igniter clicking trying to light. Propane tank still feels fairly full and water heater will run on propane. Problem is probably operator error but not sure.
Just trying to eliminate the easiest things first, you stated you had a full propane cylinder. Was the cylinder delivered from the factory, or did you have to install your own (or fill it yourself).

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:03 AM   #8

I think they had the empty one hooked up and the full one was in the back the truck and we hooked it up. Hubby did it so really not sure. Stove and water heater worked at campground. Tank came filled from factory or drivers stopped somewhere along the way but I don't think it was actually installed
Old 02-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #9

If the heater was running when I turned off the generator and the battery would that effect the heater the next time we tried to use it? If so how do I fix it?
Old 02-02-2016, 01:52 PM   #10
Head Rambler

It wouldn't affect the heater the next time you ran it unless it blew a fuse when it was suddenly disconnected from power.

Tags
heater, suburban