Old 06-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #11

We are on our second FR product. The first, we bought a new 2004 Sandpiper fifth wheel. Added a second A/C, blew a converter, out of my pocket. FR had me in touch with Lippert who sent new axles and a hydraulic slide pump along with picking up the labor tab. We got about 30,000 miles on that trailer. After a 3 year absence from trailers, we bought a new 25 ' W&P toy hauler in February and have been over 3,000 miles on 8 different trips. The only thing I have wrong at this time, the water heater pop off valve leaks for a few hours after we set up. Headed out this weekend for 2,000 more miles over a few weeks. Update upon return.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:33 AM   #12

I brought my 2015 25CB home this February. 5,500 miles of towing, 21 nights in it so far. Nothing wrong with it.

2015 W&P 25CB/ 2011 F250 6.7L Diesel
2015 HD FLRT/2009 HD XL1200L

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #13

Well water heater is up and running. Dealer did not do a precheck to see if things worked. After they were unable to deliverer three days past delivery date and we had driven 200+ miles to pick it up they agreed to deliver it to me. Nothing had been checked to see if it worked. One of those things was the WH and they had failed to close the bypass valve and open the valves to the water tank. Heat element was not burned out as we discovered a shut off switch when it overheats with switch on. I did this myself with phone directions from the service department.
This was not discovered till it had been dropped off buy a non employee who knew very little about such things.

One more item to go and that is the indicator for the fresh water system. It indicates full with no water in the tank.

MORAL OF THE STORY: never accept delivery without a complete walk through that checks each and every unit in the motorhome/ trailer. This insures that the dealer has done all the things required before delivery to you. Any reputable dealer will do this. Mine did not. Now my trailer is 150 miles away from the dealer and this is all

being done long distance.

Jack
Old 06-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #14

I`ve owned 4 used trailers before buying the 30WR new . 72 Shasta 78 nomad 89 prowler and a 08 roadmaster predator. Never had to do a thing to any of these trailers. My 30WR is a different story. Its @ the dealer for the 3rd time in a year. Got a trip planned for the end of July then its for sale. Can`t justify making a payment , work on it , Reg and Ins for a week a year that I use it. They don`t build them like they use too.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red and 30WR View Post
I`ve owned 4 used trailers before buying the 30WR new . 72 Shasta 78 nomad 89 prowler and a 08 roadmaster predator. Never had to do a thing to any of these trailers. My 30WR is a different story. Its @ the dealer for the 3rd time in a year. Got a trip planned for the end of July then its for sale. Can`t justify making a payment , work on it , Reg and Ins for a week a year that I use it. They don`t build them like they use too.
If the dealers would at least get everything up and running for you before delivery it would at least put you ahead of the broken game.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
If the dealers would at least get everything up and running for you before delivery it would at least put you ahead of the broken game.
I agree . Its @ the dealer now , was there last month as well and again last August. I have over 40 hours of work on it myself. Friday night I replaced the screws in the slide guards for the bedroom door and garage door. They used quarter inch screws . I thought WTF. I placed them with 1 inch screws.

Tags
work and play