Old 10-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #1

W&P 30WRS?

Hello fellow toy haulers,
I'm new to the forum and would like to hear any opinions on the construction and quality of a W&P 30WRS? Currently have a 2016 27' Coachmen without any problems but would like to upgrade so I have a separate garage and slideout for added comfort. My concern is giving up something that works, possibly getting something I may be sorry for; I have read some really poor reviews of W&P products and would like to avoid headaches. Your experience and advice I would appreciate.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:28 PM   #2

I have one and love it. It's a over built toyhauler with thick sidewalls with a aluminum roof. It's a flat roof so when not in use I would nose up a little. It also very heavy mine is 9500lbs dry weight with a tongue of 1700lbs (I have a onan gen in it).

Old 10-17-2017, 09:58 PM   #3

Thanks Goats, that's a note on the positive side. I'm a bit concerned with a tongue weight of 1,700 lbs, my Super Duty F250 with class V hitch is only rated for 1,500 lbs. What type of hitch are you using?
Old 10-17-2017, 10:28 PM   #4

Without a gen it's only 1500lbs. I have a 01 psd that I upgraded to a factory 2.5" hitch that I got off Craigslist which is good for 1850 on the tongue and 18k total using a weight distribution hitch. You will need a weight distribution hitch with sway control. I using the Reese duel cam kit.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:30 PM   #5

During bike season we use it every 2 weeks doing a dry camp. Meaning we are out in a cow field using our own on board water and the generator.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #6

Thumbs up

I'm loaded with 1400lbs on the tongue with the rig I use now and do use a equalizer brand hitch which has served me well but 1700 lbs will put it way over the rated limit. I'll look into the Reese.
Thanks for the advice.
(I do plan to have a gen in the new 30WRS)
Old 10-19-2017, 04:21 PM   #7

We had one for a year and a half while I was racing ATVs. It was a really well-built, tough toy hauler that's perfect for something like taking to a dirt track and setting up camp in the middle of some random field.

But taking to Ocean Lakes or something, you'll find its not quite as fancy as other haulers. So its all about what you want and need.

If the hitch is a concern for you, get the 20,000 lb. Class V Curt hitch from etrailer. $250 and a 2700 tongue weight rating. I have one on my work truck and its been great for years. Installed it myself.

Former Forest River Campers:
2004 Puma 30FQSS
2010 Sabre 31QBDS
2014 Work & Play 30WRS
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #8

We have a 30WRS & love it. Our first camper! Looked at a few other toy haulers & regular campers...they all feel so flimsy & cheesy. Really like the option of being able to take dirt bikes with us & the enclosed trailer look. 2014 model & no real issues (understanding that anything recreational will require some maintenance & TLC). Had it little over a year & would still pick it over any other toy hauler we've seen!
Old 10-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #9

I'll ditto the positive replies. Been on the road full time for a year in my toy hauler. Had it into the dealer in Montana for one & 1/2 days to 'fix' a couple little things and install vent covers. Staying in many different RV parks, many in small town MT, WY, SD, ID and so on, I've had many folks comment on the stout build of the trailer. Heavier than others but it has
good axles under it. Happy with my choice.

If you do a search you'll read a thread about the fasteners for the cowlings on the front. A couple of us had problems with them, but once we figured out they were attached wrong and fixed the problem, they've been perfect since. On delivery make sure they are secure - any questions, ask here and I'm sure one of 'us' will respond.

Enjoy your Work and Play!
Old 10-21-2017, 12:38 AM   #10

before you commit to the Work and Play trailer, get a ladder and look at the roof. don't be fooled by the shiny radius piece that you can see from the ground. actually get up and look at the fit and finish on the roof and then also notice the sticker by the door that says the exterior seals need to be inspected every 60 or 90 days