Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #1

W&P Question/Thoughts?

I am considering purchasing a 25WB or 25CB. There is a dealer locally that sells the W&Ps though does not have either of these models in stock. I have found another dealer some distance away that sells them at a very good price and I'm not sure the local dealer will come down to the same price. I certainly try to buy local, but when a couple grand is on the line I will travel.
My concern is warranty and repair work. Should I pay a little more and get the service from the local dealer or take my chances that they will service a coach purchased elsewhere. Also, there is a Camping World nearby that doesn't sell the W&Ps but does work on FR products.
Thoughts??
Thanks in advance for any advice.
BamaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:30 PM   #2
Site Team

What you do depends a lot on who you are. If you are the kind of person that takes pride in the size of their "Punch list" and all issues should be corrected by the dealer under warranty, then definitely buy local.
If you are willing and capable of fixing small issues on your own and only use the dealer for major issues, then I suggest save the money and put it in a rainy day fund for repairs.
I would operate under the assumption that most dealers will not service your unit ( Under warranty) unless you bought it from them. Remember many of the major appliances are covered under the manufacturers warranty and these can be serviced by non-dealer RV service centers with approval. I would give your local dealer a shot and see how they do. I asked my local dealer to split the difference and when he said no I bought elsewhere. The RV business is very good right now, so be prepared to be told no by your local dealer and plan accordingly.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:53 PM   #3

Thank you for the response, Flybob.
I would like to think that I'm pretty handy at performing smaller repairs but my wife would beg to differ!
I will see what my local dealer will do...
BamaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:24 AM   #4

I don't know where you live but the further west you go the more you pay because the Dealer has to pay more for delivery which they pass on to you. But some dealers just jack up the price because they are the only dealer for hundreds of miles. That said, when I purchased my W&P I saved a 25% by driving from Oregon to Texas. I had a warranty issue where the bathroom vanity needed to be replaced. I contacted FR and they said just fine a local FR dealer for repair. I did, they did a great job no problems..But at the time they did not sell W&P. I fix little problems myself.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #5

Check out these prices
http://www.berrylandcampers.com/hold...y-haulers.html
Cajun Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:15 PM   #6

the work and play campers are made with a flat roof that holds water, on my 25wab there is over 100 feet of caulking on the roof with water standing against it. here are some links of my camper you should look at before purchasing W & P

Concerned tax payer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #7

W&P Question/Thoughts?

We have a 25WB and live in Florida, rain is no problem on the roof, caulk etc. The W&P frame is built with cross-members and steel roof rafters on 16" centers. The cargo area also has flat plate steel runners welded to each load area cross member and a boxed support frame for the exterior walls. They are heavy and the tow vehicle should be equipped for the weight .
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:13 AM   #8

considering 2014 30WLA, input?

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=119292
Cajun Style is offline   Reply With Quote