Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #21

I have been following the leak issues also but am committed into getting a 2016 WP. I will be doing Eternabond tape along the whole roof perimeter as soon I bring it home, keep an eye on all lower seams and redo as necessary.
sstuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:19 PM   #22

I don't think all work and plays can be painted with such a broad brush. There a a couple of rigs on here that have had water issues but there are many that don't. Mine is 4 years old with no issues.

You could probably find similar complaints of other makes on any RV Web site.

number one park your rig under cover out of the weather.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:00 PM   #23

I agree with 1L243. No matter whom makes your rig it will require more maintenance than a home. Remember it's a "mobile" home which flexes on its travels which in turn causes joints to expand and crack/break seals.
sstuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #24

As some of you that followed my post of water leaks in my 2013 30wrs, my main leak was from the fridge vents. When they got it to the plant they also told me the other side wall was damaged from water entering through the corner molding screws. This was a surprise to me being I never saw any water damage or leaks. Forest river is being nice enough to take the camper down to the frame and rebuild it and update everything including the decals to a 2015 color. I haven't got it back yet. As of last week it was completed and went through a initial PDI. The manager caught a few minor things that weren't up to snuff. I am also getting this week a 18x36x10 enclosed carport to store it when it comes back. I guess things that are out of our basic checks can really creep up on you. Fast too.
ratracer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #25

Don't hold me to this, but my boss just got back from camping. He was parked next to a gentleman that had a XLR 5th wheel. He thought of me and asked him if he had any problems with his forest river. Like mine they had many problems. Forest river made good on all his problems. The gentleman told my boss the reason he thinks they are having so many problems is that they have crews only working 6 hours a day. They are giving them a bonus though on how many units they can pump out. anyone else hear of this?
ratracer101 is offline   Reply With Quote