Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2018, 09:41 AM   #1

Winter camping in Work and Play

With temps in the 35-45 range we find the front bedroom in our WAB25 is still cold compared to the main body. Furnace works great in the main living area but the bedroom is still pretty cold. Only one heat out let on the lower left side. How are others coping with this?

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #2

How warm is it in the bathroom? mine doesn't have a heat vent in the bathroom. We closed one of the vents in the main living kitchen area and that helped in the bedroom. Where the walls and floor are not insulated the heater pretty much runs continuously at 30 degrees
Concerned tax payer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #3

We find the front cap area not insulated. I can get the air temperature pretty good but the cold radiating through front cap makes it difficult. 2 furnace vents in the back and 1 in the bedroom. Nothing in the bath so we leave the door open.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:51 PM   #4

The coldest we had camping in it was 27. The front living area was good and so was the bathroom and kitchen area. The garage area not so warm,luckily I had a little heater.
Goats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goats View Post
The coldest we had camping in it was 27. The front living area was good and so was the bathroom and kitchen area. The garage area not so warm,luckily I had a little heater.
Do you have the WAB25 ? or a garage model?

Jack
Old 01-16-2018, 12:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned tax payer View Post
How warm is it in the bathroom? mine doesn't have a heat vent in the bathroom. We closed one of the vents in the main living kitchen area and that helped in the bedroom. Where the walls and floor are not insulated the heater pretty much runs continuously at 30 degrees
I would be a little concerned about overheating the furnace if one of the kitchen vents were closed. If you have not had any trouble doing so I would consider it. How did you close off the vent. Mine are swivel but unable to close.

Jack
Old 01-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #7

We changed the front vent out to one that is closable, they have Universal ones at the RV supply store
Old 01-16-2018, 01:16 PM   #8
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
We have the isue that the main heat vent is in the bedroom and the main area is cold. we ue a small fan on the floor to help move the air and a small space heater.
I made padded foam panels and covered them with fabrid to match our camper. Added then to the walls in the bedroom and helps keep it warmer.
Attached them to the wall with heavy duty double sided tape.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #9

You might want to check the ducting to the bedroom vent. Crushed ducting is, unfortunately, a very common problem in RV's.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:00 PM   #10
Retired Member

Small electric heater?
RMWSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
Do you have the WAB25 ? or a garage model?

Jack
A 30 WRS
Goats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #12

Quote:

With temps in the 35-45 range we find the front bedroom in our WAB25 is still cold compared to the main body. Furnace works great in the main living area but the bedroom is still pretty cold. Only one heat out let on the lower left side. How are others coping with this?

Jack
Small Ceramic Heater !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #13

When I had my 2011 30WR the bathroom did not have a heater vent. The heater ducting ran through the bathroom vanity. You could remove the panel in the vanity for access. I put in a T and purchased a heater vent from the RV parts store and installed it in the panel. Worked great.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #14

Quote:
I would be a little concerned about overheating the furnace if one of the kitchen vents were closed. If you have not had any trouble doing so I would consider it. How did you close off the vent. Mine are swivel but unable to close.

Jack
Hey Jack, did you see that they redid the roofs and the front covers and the side walls on the 25wab, if there was nothing wrong why did they change them?
Old 03-11-2018, 08:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Hey Jack, did you see that they redid the roofs and the front covers and the side walls on the 25wab, if there was nothing wrong why did they change them?
I have seen the new one and it really looks nice. Same concept but the front panels have the same finish as the body. Did not notice the roof. What did they do?

Also I have gone to the dark side because we needed more space. Bought a 36 foot Shockwave bumper pull. Not nearly as well built and quality as the W & P. Some times I wish I had the W & P back. Two air conditioners, Kitchen Slide, full Queen size bed 80" long instead of 74, rear raised patio, two entry doors, 5500 k generator, electric stabilizer jacks etc, were some of the improvements over the 25WAB. IMHO thought the quality of the W & P is better. Considered the 34WRS but not nearly the upgrades for the SO.

The Shockwave is built in Hemet CA and they have been very good to work with. Not so much the dealer, Cactus RV here in Tucson AZ. Lazy Days RV here is doing the few warranty things for me.

Jack
Old 03-11-2018, 08:50 PM   #16

Dang it Jack, I enjoyed bantering with you. Enjoy your new camper take time to use it
Old 03-11-2018, 08:55 PM   #17

I'm just seeing this thread. Obviously, I'm a couple months late.

As much as I loved our 30WRS for our ATV races, it was NOT a great camper when the temps were down. Running the heat wide open and using space heaters, it just wasn't as comfortable as most campers are in the winter months. As for the bedroom, thick blankets and lots of snuggling.

But if I ever went back to racing, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Dang it Jack, I enjoyed bantering with you. Enjoy your new camper take time to use it
Thanks, if the SO can't go my three Giant Schnauzers and I are going!

Jack

Tags
camping, winter, work and play