Old 09-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
WNP 21vfb help.

I just bought my first toy hauler ever after 6 months of looking and reading I chose the work and play 21vfb. Unfortunately I had to drive 350 miles to get it since no dealership in my area stocks them and refused to order them.

When I got it home I noticed two areas of damage most likely caused during construction and I took it to the local forest river dealer.

After a 10 minute montage of telling me what I piece of junk I had purchased he told me he wouldn't allow my trailer in his service center and I should leave.

He made a pretty convincing argument that I had bought a sub standard trailer though I find it hard to believe because it just feels so solid and looks so much better than others.

He also told me there's a reason it has a 1 year warranty and all his have a 8-12 year warranty. Seems like a valid argument.

Have I made a mistake? How am I supposed to get repairs?

sleepyweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Wow ! What does he sell that has 8-12 yr warranty ?
The service question is a valid one,sorry no help there.
I believe a lot of the components are the same as most other brands.i do not have a lot of experience yet with ours, we traveled 5000+ miles this summer with it,and had only two issues,frig trouble, a bad wire, and tire rubbing on inner finder, both minor, and fixed under warranty.
The W&P brand is gaining steam,you will see them at a dealer near you soon. Until then search other FR dealers, wish I could be more help.
Have fun and be safe. !

Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
Check here:

for your FR warranty contact. Tell him/her what you just told us. Hopefully he can guide you to a warranty facility run by someone who isn't such a donkey.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #4

Just curious, but what type of damage do you have?

Geofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
If your Work & Play OEM Forest River warranty is still in effect, this is the guy you need to call: Mr. Casteel at 574 533-8460. I believe he handles all warranty issues for the Work & Play line. Good luck!
wp_owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
Thanks for all the input I found a dealer who was happy to schedule a service appointment. There is damage to the door frame and the television swing door frame. Not sure how it happened but it was there when I bought it two days ago. I hope it won't be an issue but the dealer was closing so I never got to do a PDI sheet on the hauler. Other than that It looks fine and seems to work though I haven't had any lpg to test the burners out with.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #7
Buyer beware!!!! My "new" 21vfb toy hauler spent 9 months in service. Issues were wide and varied from multiple leaks to water damage. It was taken back to the Forest River factory and "all issues were repaired and double checked."

Again, this was a new unit that I still have not been able to use. I had power installed at my house and hooked up the water only to find out that the bathroom faucets had been broken and made to look like they were fine. The kitchen sink was not hooked up. The a/c cuts off and does not come back until power is disconnected / reconnected. The toilet leaks from behind. The issues are too numerous to name here but the bottom line is I have been paying for a camper for 10 months now that is totally unusable.

Also there is evidence that the VIN# on the tongue was grinded off and replaced. Over all this has been the worst purchase I have ever made and I would advise anyone reading reviews or asking questions NOT to purchase this product.

I have been patient and cooperative now it's probably going to be up to the lawyers.