Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2015, 09:15 PM   #1

Work and play 30WLA

Looking at buying one next week, going to work out a deal this week. I have lots of questions to ask them, I send them an e-mail every time I think of one. They going to think I'm crazy! All these questions

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Cajun Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:08 AM   #2

Did you get it? We've had our about 6 months now and are happy with it overall. We had an a/c issue right away, but got it replaced under warranty.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #3

No sure didn't started looking at others now we don't know what we want?
HarrynSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:46 PM   #4

Did you check out "seedealercostdotcom"?

Ray
2016 W&P 38RLSW
Northern Virginia
sstuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:28 PM   #5

We went through the same thing when shopping. It's hard to find the exact one you want, or one that is close to it. I remember it being very frustrating seeing one online and not being able to find one anywhere close to look at. The dealer always said we can ship it down once you buy it. Why would I buy it sight unseen and never even seeing that model at all.

Luckily, my dealer had a few WnP and one 30WLA. We started looking at 25's, but decided it was on the small side for 2 atv's.

If I were to shop again in this size range, I'd take a serious look at a Weekend Warrior 28. It's a bit more than a 30WLA, but I've heard good things about them.

What size garage do you need? We had a hard time finding one with more than a 10' which is why we went with the open floorpan WnP.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #6

If you now the Forest River model you want, call the factory and they will tell you whom has that model/options on order. Then it's just a matter of you contacting the dealer that ordered it. This is the way we found our unit. Was able to see the options list also.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:33 AM   #7

FWIW, I just bought a 30WLA this weekend and so far I like it. The PDI was less than stellar, but that is a dealer issue. It actually was exactly like I wanted, but wasn't selling as it seems most people going to this size are moving to 5th wheels, or they go a shorter/less heavy trailer. For me though it is perfect, will fit my RZR just fine.

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone come up with a good way to mount toy spare tires? The trailer spare is a hidden spare underneath, but I have several spares for my RZR that I would like to store. On the current cargo trailer we use, there is a wall hanger for this, but there isn't a lot of wall space for that with this trailer. Was thinking I might have to fab something for the front battery rack or something. Generator is hidden as well, so have plenty of space up there, but it is outside of course...
jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #8

I know the RZR tires are bigger than my atv tires, but here are some ideas...

1) On the walls just inside the rear ramp if there's space
2) Under the bed
3) In the bed of the pickup
4) Just set them underneath the RZR while traveling and set them off to the side when set up.
5) On the wall, TV side wheel well behind the cabinet
Old 10-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #9

Whatever way you go on mounting the spares make sure you lock them up. We go to Hatfeild McCoy a lot and at the resort we stay at there always something that walks away that is not secure. Enjoy the new trailer.

Ray
2016 W&P 38RLSW
Northern Virginia
Old 10-28-2015, 08:09 AM   #10

Thanks guys, appreciate the thoughts and suggestions. I have a canopy on the truck, so as suggested just might put them in there for now so I can lock it. I took some quick eyeball measurements last night and with 29" tires there just isn't a lot of space to mount them it looks like. Thanks again!
jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work and play