Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #1

Work & Play R Values

I like a bunch of stuff regarding W&P construction, especially since I came across their new 38RLS FW with standup bedroom. However, I have yet to find any information on R values to include holding tanks. Does anybody happen to know, or is that one of those "if-I-tell-you-I'd-have-to-kill-you" things?
dbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #2

Such as R values of insulation ? If so...

I don't know the values, but I ordered my 40 rls with the all weather package. Which included the insulated underbelly (spray on foam insulation), double pane windows, and heated holding tanks. I also ordered the larger 30k btu furnace. The 1st night we camped in it, it got down to 29 degrees and it was nice and comfy inside @ 68 degrees.
JCMINIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #3

Yep, I was talking insulation. Thanks for the practical use info. Is it just me, or is there a whole mess of info lacking on FR website?
dbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #4

Not you....I imagine there are plenty of shoppers like you and myself that are looking for info that simply isn't there. OR requires a lot of surfing the forums. I was at a RV show and met a FR rep which turned out to be my local dealers rep, he didn't know squat either. Although he was very helpful during my order process, there was a lot of info that was unknown. I will say I am very happy with my 40rls. I was able to order it with everything I wanted and nothing I didn't mostly. I wanted the stand up 38rls that you mentioned, but they couldn't/wouldn't build it with 3 axles for me. I decided to go up 2 feet to get the 3 axles and only add 6" extra height. I even asked if they could take a 40 frame and cut 2 ft off it so I could get 3 but he said couldn't be done (why he could never tell me).
JCMINIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #5

The reason there is no little or no mention of R-values in Work and Play trailers is for all practical purposes it is non existent. If you watch the factory assembly video on you tube you will see they put 4" of fibreglass insulation in the roof which is about R-9. The walls are solid plywood with a fibreglass layer on the outside. According to the Plywood manufacturer's association the R Value in the wall is about R-2. I live in my 34 FK full time and have had it in temps from 10 degrees to over 90, it is a 3 season trailer. Below freezing I have to dry camp. Frost accumulates on the inside wall at those temps in the garage. I only heat the living space with the 30,000 BTU furnace and one electric space heater. Plumbing would be at risk below 25 degrees imo.
beyerjf is offline   Reply With Quote