Old 01-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #1

Question work and play trailers ?

Let's get some talk going on the work and play trailers. Come on, who has one? What do you like about your trailer? What do you not like about your trailer? How do you use your trailer? What model do you have? Come on, Let's talk.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Don,

See you are fairly new, and welcome to the Forums. As for the Work and Play, least visited, and I hope that means fewest problems. We have a 18LT, have some pics posted, look around, get familiar with the site, and enjoy. Learn from others, and help when you can.

2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #3

Don,

We will talk to you!!! We have just ordered a Work & Play 27 Ultra Lite PS. We have done all and any research online and visited the only dealer out west here who had a 19foot. I wont buy from the dealer close to me because the number game came up, i hate that. So we ordered through a dealer in GA. We are very excited and feel the trailer was ment for hauling toys and then the living quarters were added and seem to be as nice as any out there. We will haul a new RZR XP and plan to go to Moab for rock crawling, Delta for sand dunes and every place in between. The Work and Play brand has not penetrated the west coast like it has the east coast. I have heard nothing but good and can hardly wait to get it.

Thanks.
Allen & Elizabeth...
Old 01-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #4

Hi Don!
We just joined the forum but have had our WP 25ULA since Jan. 2010. We love it! We haul our Rhino SxS and also throw our kayaks in the back. The only thing I have to say is the one we have is NOT 1/2 ton towable like they say. After we bought it and towed it from Jacksonville to Homestead, FL we bought a 2500HD diesel! It was a slow ride down 95 towing that beast! LOL Now we don't feel it back there! It is very roomy and we LOVE the bathroom. Of course for 2012 they ducted the A/C. Oh well...we are installing a Maxxfan Deluxe in the bedroom to help move some air up there. No biggy. Have no major complaints. With any RV/Trailer, there will ALWAYS be a little something that goes buggy.....Ya just fix it and get over it and have fun!
2008 Hobie Mirage Kayaks
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660 Camo
2005 Pathfinder 2000V w/Yamaha 150 Vmax
CutlerBayCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #5

Hi Chris & Suzie,
Ok we have a 2011 F-150 Lariat Limited with the max tow package and the 6.2 gasser. On paper we are well with in the limits to pull the work and play 27ULPS. Can I ask which 1/2 ton you had?

Thanks
Allen
Old 01-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #6

Hi Allen,

We had a 2006 Chevy Silverado Ext. 1500 w/5.2 engine. At the time, the dealer assured us that it would be fine. Yes the numbers were there but it was really, really close for our truck. It seems now the newer 1500's have more towing capacity then ours did. But at the time, there were few 1/2 tons that would have exceeded the requirements of our trailer. In any event, I think you will be fine. Just double check the numbers and don't just depend on the dry weight. Anything can be towed, it's just how comfy will it be....

Good luck and enjoy your new Work and Play as much as we do!
2008 Hobie Mirage Kayaks
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660 Camo
2005 Pathfinder 2000V w/Yamaha 150 Vmax
CutlerBayCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #7

Way to go people. Now we are getting the talk going on the work and play trailers. Lets keep it up. Thanks for the replys.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #8

Hello all,
Been lurkin for a while, I also have had my 2011 ULA 25 for a year.
(this week actually). I started to pull it with a 2005 Nissan Titan w/ tow package......I now have a 2008 Dodge 2500 with the 6.7 CTD.
The difference to say the least is night and day.
On paper the Titan was good to go, on Pavement however not so much. It was a little slow getting up to speed, that I could deal with. It had no trouble keeping it at speed. The real problem was Stopping. The trailer would push that truck around pretty bad, and it was always a white knuckle trip. All this was on pretty flat Florida roads. Technically they might be 1/2 to towable, but NOT safely or comfortably. My upgrade to a 3/4 diesel changed everything.
just my opinion and my 2 cents ......hope this info helps .
Old 01-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #9

I have a 2011 Work and Play 30WR. We haul a Harley. I like how heavy duty the trailer is made, 50 amp service, 80 gallon fresh water capacity. The finish is standard I have seen higher quailtiy cabinets but those trailers could cost alot more too. I would like a sealed insulated underbelly, walk on roof and wired for satellite. I would also like a heater vent in the bathroom. I have wired it for satellite and added a third TV in the garage. I added a large Delta aluminum box on the front generator rack. The box is tapred to match the shape of the tongue and fits perfectly. I put 4 deep cycle batteries in it. I am in the process of converting half of the interior lights to Led's. Fully loaded without water I am about 12,500lbs.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #10

What happend to our conversation?