Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #1

Work&Play wall problem

I just purchased a new 2007 18LT Work&Play. After I got it home I noticed that the right[curb side] wall has a bow in it. I understand there are no studs in these walls, just a 3/4" piece of plywood. Has anyone had this problem? How was it remedied? Thanks......Guy
Camperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome. I have a 2009 Work and Play 18LT, and don't have a bow in the wall. You are correct in that the walls are 3/4 plywood, with a thin layer of fiberglass on the outside. I have some thoughts but can't imagine the bow, especially on that side with the door frame. Could it be the bunk support is bent? Could you describe the bow with a little more detail? Bow out or in, etc.?
Maybe even a picture. Lots of folks willing to help. You also said new 2007 model. If it's new would warranty cover it?
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #3

Wall Problem

Windrider
The right outside wall is bowed in about 3/4" at about the center of the wall. I talked to the dealer about it. They were going to contact Forest River about the problem, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I called the customer service department and was told it was a common problem in 2005 and 2006 models, not 2007's. He said they could put several metal uprights along the wall to straighten it up again. I'm not sure if I would like the looks of steel studs along the wall. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a different remedy. Thanks...Guy
Camperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Camperguy,
Hate you have a problem, but glad to hear they seem to have overcome. About the only way I can think of to pull the bow out is going to be some kind of strip, stronger than the wood you are pulling against. I know the trailer is small, but can you stand a small closet there to hide the metal strips? Ours has the "happi-jac" double bed all the way across the walls, so we already have the bed track going up our walls, which also means a closet is out of the question. Saw a 2010 yesterday and it had overhead cabinets in the garage area. How about some metal like they make for adjustable shelving units, and you could install shelving where it won't interfere. Just some thoughts, and good luck. Maybe the factory will come through.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work and play