Old 01-02-2015, 10:52 PM   #1

Work N Play 18 WPT - Will Two 4-Wheelers Fit?

We are considering purchasing a used Work-N-Play 18 WPT and are hoping it is large enough to fit our two 4-wheelers. They are both on the smaller side as quads go (Honda Recon 250 & Yamaha Bruin 350). Thoughts?

Old 01-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #2

I've been searching for the same unit and have been in a few. The interior cargo is 15.5 feet long. I intended to measure the width but didn't my guess is it's a good 6 feet wide. The recon is 40.7 x 75 @ 430lbs. The bruin is 42.7x78.1 @ 553lbs. Looks like a fit to me, with over 3,000lbs to spare in cargo weight.
The big stopper for a used unit for me has been water damage from the refrigerator drain hose. If you look at the lower refrigerator louver outside the drain hose should be sticking out. Look for the interior finish to be pealing or oddly split, these are signs that the particle wood has socked up water. Look for separation of the boards in the cargo floor also water damage. Look for separation or excessive flex in the cargo door, this is a sign that the door was not properly shimmed before loading. Find a clean and shinny one if the previous owner cared for the outside your chances are better for a well cared for unit. Good luck and buyer beware!

Old 01-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #3

I have 2006 18LT..not sure about the 4 wheeler loading..but I am familiar with the refrigerator drain hose. There should be a warning sticker behind the louvered panel with advice that the hose be outside the vents. Heat from the refrigerator gas chamber cooks the oem nylon tube and causes it to crack. Its best to replace it with clear tubing from Home Depot. There is a substantial amount of condensate that will damage the wood behind the refrigerator. my 2 cnts.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #4

Is the drain hose issue with the 18 WPT only, or is this a common problem for all Work and Play models?
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:07 AM   #5

I've seen it on a 2006 24sk work and play. Interior water damage is the first thing I look for in a use trailer.
I was looking at a new 2014 18ec and asked about the hose sticking out of the lower outside refrigerator vent, He said, that hose must be out all the time or you will get water damage to to the interior.

I can see were someone would think it was wrong and put it inside.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #6

I'll double-check my hose, Thanks!
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #7

Florida-cmd I have a 2013 work and play 18ec and I haul a Honda rincon and a rancher. Both fit quite nicely. This is most of the reason I bought the W&P very few toy haulers under 30 ft can hold two full size ATVs. Very durable and easy to maintain as well. Only thing I changed was upgraded from a F150 to and F250.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:15 PM   #8

I have a WPT18EC. The back is just over 5' wide. I fit my full size Polaris Ranger in the back.

Tags
wheel