Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #1

05 Roo 232 Slide Leak

Just got back from our first trip in our new (to us) Roo.

Before we left I went to pick up the trailer from storage and noticed in the front by the slide there was a large puddle of water (almost right in front of the water heater). I got that all cleaned up and started looking for leaks/seals that are bad.

I found one on the outside of the slide that I thought was causing the issue. Caulked it real good.

Didn't have any rain on the trip until today before i took it back to storage. Found a small leak there again.

Is there any problematic area's on these slides that I need to check first or anywhere to get new seals for the slides? It wasn't a lot of water, but it was enough after a hard rain.

I could see a few drops of water rolling down the side of the slide where the puddle was on the floor. Also near the little drain tube on the right side of the slide there was a puddle there. Not sure if trailer was just leaning that way so it puddled there or if right around there is the issue.

Thanks guys.

-- 2017 Ford F150 FX4/Lariat
-- 3.5L EcoBoost w/ 10 Speed & Max Tow
-- 2016 Salem Hemisphere Lite 27BH
Shanks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
Site Team

this is one reason we chose to have a slide topper put on our 23SS. not only does it keep debris/leaves off of the 12' slide roof, but it helps keep rain/water off of it too.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #3

Is this something you installed yourself? Can you post some pictures.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #4

I need to get back out to the camper and take a look at the slide roof. See if there is an issue there.

If there is issues with sealing there.. is one of these the recommended products?

- DAP Dicor Lap Sealant
- Geocel 28101V Pro Flex White RV Flexible Sealant
- EternaBond RSW-4-50 White Roof Seal

Or another product. Maybe I would need to purchase new seals.

At little disappointed / upset with the dealer. Claimed no leaks, trailer had been resealed, and awning in great shape..

Not all of that is true. Did say all used campers are "As Is" warranty, but I think they are going to be getting a call to find out why their inspection didn't reveal any of this. And why they didn't even make us aware of a soft spot in the floor.

I know its partially my fault.. but yeah.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #5

Well after taking closer look at the slide, it appears the front side has dropped. Take a look at the pictures.

You can see on the far side, the rubber is touching the top, but on the near side it is about an inch above. The rubber seal looks like it is level across.

We called the dealership. They said they promised us a leak free, read to go camping trailer when we purchased. So they are having me bring it in on Wednesday to take a look.

I hope they get it fixed for free.. and I get it back before my next trip on the 25th
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	58142  

Tags
leak, roo, slide