Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #1

1999 Shamrock heater problem

re: 1999 Shamrock hybrid

Bought my camper used and it did not have an owners manual...does anybody know where I can find one for download?

Forest River website only has a generic owners manual download (not model/year specific); site has no direct contact info for customer service & site directs me to go to local dealer for all issues but closest one is 1.5 hours away.

Went camping last weekend and had to use portable 110v heater because I could not get any heat to come on in camper.
LP Gas Tank was full & green switch moved to appropriate tank (was able to light stove & water heater)

Best I can tell on the analog thermostat, the switch was to Heat On but nothing, zip happened.
Tried turning over head blower to "Opt Heat" setting but all that did was blow cold air.
Honestly have no clue how to get the heat to come on; is there a furnace pilot I am supposed to light etc. and that all circles back to no Owners Manual to serve as a guidebook.

Very frustrated trying to locate the info I need so really do appreciate any info any of the FR experts can share to point me in the right direction. Going camping again this weekend so it is either portable electric again or figure out how to get the propane heat system going.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!
Bob
bob_benson63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #2

The library on this site has a lot of manuals, or if you google the manufacturer and model of your furnace you should find it. Guessing its a Suburban?

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #3
Site Team

Sorry but nearly all RV manufacturers, including FR, only provide a generic owners manual.
No such thing as brand or model specfic manual.

Get the brand/model # of furnace and go to their website to download the furnace manual.

Just so you know, 1999 was the first year FR made a hybrid, in Roo/Shamrock lines.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
expandable, heater, hybrid, shamrock

« Roo IKSS | New Roo »