Old 06-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
1999 Shamrock Main Breakers

New to forum so forgive me if this is already answered in another thread or forumn but not familiar enough with this site to know where to look yet.

Have a 1999 Shamrock pop-out that I keep plugged to 30amp at house when not in use. Never had any problems but went out there last night to get something & noticed the lights would not come on {first time ever for that!!}.

Checked main breakers {panel beneath stove} & breaker on on far right side was tripped. Reset it and within about a minute it tripped again, same thing after a few more attempts {nothing was turned on but the lights, no a/c or fridge}.

Anybody else ever had or solved this problem?

Also, I bought this used several years ago and have never replaced the car battery becasue I am not 100% sure what the batteries prupose is...coulthat have anything to do with this?

Sorry to sound so completely dumb on this but I did not get an owners manual with my purchase so I'm sure there's some answers already covered in that booklet but I do not have it as a guide.

Thanks to anyone in the forum who can help or give suggestions on how I can to resolve this before July 4th camping weekend!!

bob_benson63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Battery is for all 12v accessories.
Is that breaker labeled?
Sounds like your battery is dead and converter quit.
Brand and model of converter?
Converter normally is mounted in your distribution panel.

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
More info

Thanks for your reply f1100turbo!! Just ran out to camper to gather more details for you or others that might be reading this or familiar with my problem:

Distribution Center {label on panel to left of main breaker}
Class CTRL Enclosed Panel-board
No. GF 010178

Converter Label {on left side of drop down panel that covers distribution panel}
Power Converter with Batter Charge, 45Amp {Magnetek}
Series 6300A
Model 6345

Breaker Labels {handwritten, reading left to right}

The main is Single Pole breaker {1 switch}, the other two have 2 Poles {2 switches}. There are more handwritten lables than there are switches so not exactly sure whch label applies to which breaker switch.

The breaker that is actually tripping is the 2nd from the right which I am guessing refers to the "Refer/Conv" label.

Hopefully the blackberry images below are clear enough for use to use as a reference. Please let me know if you need any other details.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shamrock Distribution Panel_pictures_IMG00523.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	15319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shamrock Distribution Panel2_pictures_IMG00523.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	15320  
bob_benson63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Id guess I would say converter is fried which is why it trips the breaker in question.
And why none of your 12v things work.
Or fridge is fried since its on the same breaker, obviously tripping breaker and not allowing converter to work also.
Only thing to do is pull panel and or breaker and see which one is tripping it.
By unhooking both and hooking one at a time back up.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
it says Micro - which I would assume is the microwave - maybe see if you can unplug the microwave and try the breaker again.

could also have one of the leg's on a GFI plug came loose and shorting out causing it to pop the breaker - remove the gfi plugs to check them if the micocrowave isnt the one causing the breaker to pop.

make sure you unplug the main power off of the trailer prior to working on the 110 power so you dont get shocked / electricuted or cause a fire

do not keep popping the breaker on to reset it - you have a problem and need to figure out where the problem is - it could cause a fire

i know on my trailer when one of the GFI plugs pop - it pops the microwave, A/C and all the GFI plugs - maybe yours is wired the same
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is online now   Reply With Quote

breaker, expandable, hybrid, shamrock