Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 65
1st Timer - New 2013 Roo 19 Home!

My wife and I are pretty excited to get our first trailer and start camping.

We picked up our 2013 Rockwood Roo 19 today at the dealer.

It came with a pretty decent list of options:

Convenience Pack C
Power Tongue Jack
Power Awning
Night Shades
Double Fridge
Oven
RVQ Outside Grill
Aluminum Wheels

We already have our first trip planned the first weekend of April in Patapsco State Park in MD with a friend who has a RV. It's close to home and will give us a chance to figure things out.

I did a full walk through and tested everything and re-winterized it when I got home. Everything is working great. Very happy with the purchase and I'm sure it will serve us well to start going "camping" with our daughter.

I'm sure we'll be around a lot in the coming months reading and posting updates.

I am towing with a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 - It towed great with the Equalizer 1k/10k w/ Sway Control. Of course you can feel it's back there and it spent more time in 4-6 gear instead of the normal 7th - 8th gear cruising but it handled the hills and grades well. It feels very comfortable so I'm really happy.

The mirrors are horrible, I need to find a better solution but I cannot find any slide on custom mirrors for the Grand Cherokee.

Lots of pics of the exterior below.. I'll take some of the interior tomorrow.

Few more pictures of the truck towing and the interior location of the Prodigy P3 brake controller.

I drilled a hole in the tray to run the cables in the back of the tray.

Equalizer 1k/10k Weight Distribution/Sway Control Bar

It towed great. More time spent in 4-6th instead of the normal 8th gear cruising, but it was smooth.

We are building a much larger garage that the trailer will be stored in, and the packed dirt/gravel it's currently parked in will be paved this spring.




__________________

__________________
doofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 65
Next 4 Pics (Forum limits to 4 per post)




__________________

__________________
doofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,503
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2013 Rockwood Roo 19!
Just curious, why didn't you put a vent cover over the other roof vent?
Have you considered McKesh mirrors? They don't slide on, but they do offer a great view to the rear.
McKesh Mirrors - Hensley Mfg., Inc.
__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2013 Rockwood Roo 19!
Just curious, why didn't you put a vent cover over the other roof vent?
Have you considered McKesh mirrors? They don't slide on, but they do offer a great view to the rear.
McKesh Mirrors - Hensley Mfg., Inc.
Honestly, my salesman wasn't even there when I picked up the trailer today so I didn't get anything else pushed on me. Was kind of odd that he didn't come in on my appointment to pickup.

I would be interested in picking up another vent - are there any issues leaving it with no vent? Any plusses? I think it would be cheaper to purchase online anyways so that's no issue.

I saw the McKesh Mirrors but was worried about the potential to scratch up the sides of the doors. Anyone used them? Any issues with scratches on the paint?
__________________
doofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
Engineer of Crazy Train
 
ChooChooMan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 1,559
The mckesh and the cipas are the same. I use the cipas on my liberty and i have had no issues with scratches. And scratches are suppose to be on a jeep. Shows you go where jeeps are suppose to go.
__________________
TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Smitty65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by doofoo View Post
My wife and I are pretty excited to get our first trailer and start camping.

We picked up our 2013 Rockwood Roo 19 today at the dealer.

It came with a pretty decent list of options:

Convenience Pack C
Power Tongue Jack
Power Awning
Night Shades
Double Fridge
Oven
RVQ Outside Grill
Aluminum Wheels

We already have our first trip planned the first weekend of April in Patapsco State Park in MD with a friend who has a RV. It's close to home and will give us a chance to figure things out.

I did a full walk through and tested everything and re-winterized it when I got home. Everything is working great. Very happy with the purchase and I'm sure it will serve us well to start going "camping" with our daughter.

I'm sure we'll be around a lot in the coming months reading and posting updates.

I am towing with a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 - It towed great with the Equalizer 1k/10k w/ Sway Control. Of course you can feel it's back there and it spent more time in 4-6 gear instead of the normal 7th - 8th gear cruising but it handled the hills and grades well. It feels very comfortable so I'm really happy.

The mirrors are horrible, I need to find a better solution but I cannot find any slide on custom mirrors for the Grand Cherokee.

Lots of pics of the exterior below.. I'll take some of the interior tomorrow.

Few more pictures of the truck towing and the interior location of the Prodigy P3 brake controller.

I drilled a hole in the tray to run the cables in the back of the tray.

Equalizer 1k/10k Weight Distribution/Sway Control Bar

It towed great. More time spent in 4-6th instead of the normal 8th gear cruising, but it was smooth.

We are building a much larger garage that the trailer will be stored in, and the packed dirt/gravel it's currently parked in will be paved this spring.
Awesome rig! U will enjoy it all! Welcome to the forum.
__________________
Smitty65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by doofoo View Post
Honestly, my salesman wasn't even there when I picked up the trailer today so I didn't get anything else pushed on me. Was kind of odd that he didn't come in on my appointment to pickup.

I would be interested in picking up another vent - are there any issues leaving it with no vent? Any plusses? I think it would be cheaper to purchase online anyways so that's no issue.

I saw the McKesh Mirrors but was worried about the potential to scratch up the sides of the doors. Anyone used them? Any issues with scratches on the paint?
Two advantages for covering a roof vent -1) the cover will protect the thin plastic lid from UV rays which could cause yellowing and crackes over time, and 2) you can leave to lid open in the rain for fresh air.

I used McKesh mirrors when we towed our hiwall pupop and later our hybrid. Never had a problem with sctatches on the door. There are rubber pads on the bottom clips, top clips, and tension buckle.
__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
4Jeeperz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 20
DooFoo,
Congrats on your new Roo. Excellant choice (judging by my avatar picture, a 2010 Roo 19!)
Your trailer parking spot is nicer than some campgrounds we have been to!
Enjoy the Roo,
Steve
__________________
4Jeeperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
PineForestCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 319
Yeah! Congrats. By the looks of it you have a great place to park your new camper. I love the pictures you posted too. Great point of view for those roof shots. My Roo is being delivered on Thursday and today they put a MaxxAir II cover over that other vent that was mentioned. Have fun on your first trip!
__________________
2009 Chevy Silverado/2500/6.0/3.73/CC
2016 Keystone Outback 250URS
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s (SOLD)

http://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
clancythecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 702
Very nice! Enjoy!
__________________

__________________
clancythecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.