Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #1

1st trip of 2012 = Disappointment

Air Ride on truck either STILL doesn't work after being repaired 2 months ago, or my WDH is underadjusted.

Water damage on the front bunk - I think my brother caused it 2 weeks ago because he pulled down the bunk to see how it works, I got distracted (dd came home from scouts and I was being called to a birth) and missed him close it back up. I was going to close it, but forgot he had even opened it. :-( Really pissed at myself because of that.

Hot water tank hot line valve broke off and it's in the closed position with a slight leak.

The compartment to the left of the fridge had gotten wet, discovered when I pulled the blankets out and one was pretty wet. I have no idea where the water came from. I went on the roof and the fridge vent thing was sealed nicely. Any idea's?

And the cabinet over the couch seems to have had some water in it as well. While packing up this morning, I noticed some clothes we had in there were wet.

The water pump is really loud too.

I feel like my 1 year old camper is falling apart already. I checked all the seals when we got home and caulked everything just in case.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

sorry to hear of you issues !
Water pump may be quieted buy checking inlet and outlet lines . They hit on things and make the pump loud ! they like to vibrate on walls and things .
If there is leaks they need to be fixed promptly !
I dont let my db touch my camper I KNOW how he is . They have asked to use it before and I respectfully declined .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
Site Team

the hoses from the water pump could have moved over time and are vibrating against the wood/cabinet.

i've wrapped mine and tied them away from the wood sides and that really quieted the noise down.
Shurflo also has a silencing kit.

as far as leaks, you might want to find a shop/dealer that does the pressure test to find leaks. usually costs between $100-150.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

That is too bad all of this hitting at once

You should be able to check the hitch for under adjustment by comparing before and after fender measurements. IIRC you use the Husky. Page 11 of the manual.
http://www.huskytow.com/FTP/PartLookup/31390.pdf

With the roof, did you examine all of the seals and caulk? The cabinet over our couch has a number of wires going through to the walls and ceiling. Pay special attention to the caulk on those. I'm afraid I have no ideas regarding the leak in the lower cabinet next to the fridge and agree with Turbo to fix that and the others ASAP.

I tied down the water lines and cushioned them so they would not vibrate against wood. Your pump should also be fastened in the cabinet with a piece of carpeting, but if that is not working to quiet it down, you can use a nice solid piece of foam instead.

How bad is the damage to the bunks? Did your brother pinch material in the seals?

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #5

I recaulked everything today. I think he did pinch the material, but the damage is under the "ROO" labeling, it looks bubbled, and on the inside it's swollen along the rubber seal. Gosh this is hard to explain! LOL
Previously:
Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
Site Team

pics might help.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #7

I will, but can't today, and it's suppose to rain the next few days.
Previously: