Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #1

2006 Roo 19 leaking bunk question

I will be looking at a used 2006 Roo 19 and through research on this forum I see that leaking may be a commmon problem on these units.

When I go to look at the unit how and where do I look for possible water damage in the bunk ends? Is there a way to inspect the bunk seals to see if they are good?

If I currently find there is no sign of damage does that mean I have a pretty good chance that leaks will not be a problem? (I would thin that a problem with seals would have already shown up in a 5 year old unit) I'm curious if this is a problem with most of these units or if it a limited problem.

Thanks
Cincy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #2

Check the wood just inside the TT where the bunks fold. If there is any swelling then it is leaking.

Also check the bunk door itself at the bottom of the door by the hinge with the door closed look for any delamination. Also check the same area inside on the door for any "softness" to the door.

Look at the seals and see if they are realy dry or and cracking, slits, etc in them. Also check to see and say to yourself hey if I close this door will the door be completely sealed against the door seals. My 2008 23ss they were not. On mine there is was 2" gap between the horizontal and vertical seals at the bottom of the doors. With my unit closed up I could see daylight in the bottom 2 corners of my doors.

From my understanding on the roo 23ss 2006 and older they did not have the seal issues my 2008 has. Hopefully this may also be the case for the Roo 19.
SamKitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
Site Team

This is a limited problem. The majority of hybrids don't have leak issues.
Check all the bunk seals and the hinge area, including the wood around it.
If you can access the area under the hinge, inspect that too.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote