Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #1

2007 roo 21ss

Hey guys. First post here. We currently have a great pop up that we love but are thinking of making the jump. I have been watching for a while and missed out on some good deals just because of timing. I found an 07 roo 21ss which I like. I went and looked yesterday. She is pretty much solid. one of the bunk ends has a really small soft spot near the hinge (inside area). They were aski ng for 8000.00 and after meeting them they said they could seal the deal at 7000. I'm going to try for 6750 just because that was a limit I set for myself. Only oth er issue I saw was underneath the slide looked like the lower slide seal was coming off a bit. Would love your input on the price and how you guys like them. I have a tahoe so I am not worries about towing.

Thanks!!
Tom
wraenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
Site Team

You're going to have to deal with that bunk door soft spot.
Probably a full door replacement, so are you prepared to take that on?
Something caused that water intrusion so that has to be found and fixed also.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:32 PM   #3

I understand it will need to be dealt with. I'm not afraid to put in some new doors. I redid the entire rear of my first pop up. I'm quite handy so that is not an issue. How about price wise?
Old 04-26-2015, 02:32 PM   #4

What do you mean a soft spot? As in rotted wood soft spot? That being said you need to test all the floor areas you can put weight on to make sure there is no water damage. That is the first and second thing you absolute need to figure out before you even consider the purchase.

Glad your set with the Tahoe. My Tahoe does not have the towing package so it would not be able to handle a roo.

Good luck.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:34 PM   #5

Not rotten wood at all. Just soft. Maybe 4 to 6 inches in length. Almost seems like it happened a long time ago as I cannot find anything to tell me it is recent. The floors are solid. I even went underneath it and was pressing up

Tags
roo