Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #1

2010 Roo M-17 Latch Issue

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post here, and wanted to share an issue with my newly purchased 2010 M-17. We have only had it out once and the repairs have begun. My wife really wanted a camper and now I have a new hobby....but overall this will be a good camper....I hope.

So...my problem was a slight leak in the front bunk, the outside seal was dirty, so I cleaned that up in hopes that was the solution, but as I was latching the bunk the lower left hand side screw that holds the latch to the camper stripped out....that may have been the issue with the bunk leak. The top screw looked all right, so I went to the hardware store to get the next size up in hardware. I ended up with a 5/16" lag bolt which fit through the latch hole, but does not sit flush on the latch like the original tapered seetmetal screw. I'm thinking I should replace the other 3 screws, or at least buy 3 more to match for install later.

Anyone else run into this situation?

Given all the leaking issues with these trailers they would have bigger hardware to hold these latches on.
Motoboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo