Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #1

2011 Roo 21BH Has arrived!

Took delivery of the Roo 21BH 2 weeks ago.
Really happy with it so far (been sitting in my driveway doing mods)

Planning a Dry Run in 2 weeks, just for a weekend, cant wait, of course kids are counting the sleeps....

All went well at pick up, I'm from Canada and picking up in US was a piece of cake.

Albany RV in NY were really helpful, and came through with flying colors, special thanks to TJ. . Good crew all around.

Only issue with Forest River (after they told me the hitch height is 18") was this TT has a measured hitch height of ~22" (they add a ~3" rectangular tube between axles and frame) I didnt order it this way, they just build'em like that... that is life.

The ball is a 2" not 2-5/16! (had a hard time changing the ball! ) all the literature I seen said 2-5/16, seemed strange to me as well....

other than that all else was as expected.

I hope my Tacoma wont have a hard time with it.....
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #2

Congrats on the new camper!! Enjoy!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #3

Tacoma should be fine, we were pulling our rockwood 2502s with one and it did ok. Enjoy!
toadswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #4

I expect the Tacoma to do ok on the flats, but the mountains is another story fingers are crossed, thanks for vote of confidence.

I borrowed a GMC savanna to tow it back from dealer, that was an easy drive.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #5

We are looking at your Roo's twin, Shamrock 21bh. Do you find the table a bit wobbly? Do you have any concerns about feeling heat from the refrigerator exhaust in under the awning area?

We're looking to upgrade from a pop-up (99 Coleman Santa Fe). Looking for a bit more ease at set up but still want to feel like we're camping.
dayron524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #6

The fridge exhaust is on the roof, the part under awning is the air inlet(and access panel), so that should not be a problem.

Table... I can not say yet, we are planning our first camp this weekend.

I have raised and lowered table several times. it is quite bottom heavy, and legs seem to be built solidly. Will let you know what we think...
Old 05-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #7

how was bringing the new unit across the border? What will you have to do to get Canadian plates? fees?
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #8

no problem, just like declaring your purchased goods and paying tax on it, except there was one form that had to be filled out, pay one tax, pay RIV fee and your good to go.

Have 45 days to do inspection then get license plate and pay other tax. (I'm will be getting that done this week)
Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #9

Congrats!!
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #10

We received our 21bh last week. It also had a 2" ball. Did you remove all the panels inside the cabinets? I took them all out including the one in the back storage compartment. I am a little worried that things might flop around in there while traveling and break something.
rjohns10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #11

Yes took all of those panels out, even knocked a few down during inspection
Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns10 View Post
We received our 21bh last week. It also had a 2" ball. Did you remove all the panels inside the cabinets? I took them all out including the one in the back storage compartment. I am a little worried that things might flop around in there while traveling and break something.
The back storage compartment panel was removed as well, need to get to the hot water bypass valves eventually.... I screwed down a 2x4 standing on the 2" side, where panel was, to protect the appliances from stuff sliding back into them. I think it should be ok..... I hope.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post

Planning a Dry Run in 2 weeks, just for a weekend, cant wait, of course kids are counting the sleeps....

All went well at pick up, I'm from Canada and picking up in US was a piece of cake.

Albany RV in NY were really helpful, and came through with flying colors, special thanks to TJ. . Good crew all around.

Only issue with Forest River (after they told me the hitch height is 18") was this TT has a measured hitch height of ~22" (they add a ~3" rectangular tube between axles and frame) I didnt order it this way, they just build'em like that... that is life.

The ball is a 2" not 2-5/16! (had a hard time changing the ball! ) all the literature I seen said 2-5/16, seemed strange to me as well....

You are saying F/R puts the (Riser Kit) on all of thr ROOs now? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #14

I cant say for sure that all are built that way, but they never asked me if I wanted that 3" riser, it just comes like that. My brother received his shamrock (3 years ago) same way. I have seen FR TT with no riser, lower to the ground, which I would have preferred... of course the benefit is most 4x4 will not need the extra low drop shank saving $$.

If someone is ordering a new one, try to ask if they 'have to include' that riser.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayron524 View Post
We are looking at your Roo's twin, Shamrock 21bh. Do you find the table a bit wobbly? Do you have any concerns about feeling heat from the refrigerator exhaust in under the awning area?

We're looking to upgrade from a pop-up (99 Coleman Santa Fe). Looking for a bit more ease at set up but still want to feel like we're camping.
OK now to address this issue.... YES the table was very shaky. Turns out it needed some well deserved welds.

My table was missing 4 welds where the rectangular 'leg's' meet with metal brackets that the top is screwed into(I seen one or two small rivets holding the top to those legs!!). I welded a 1" beed on each side of the tubes. Much less woble now.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #16
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post

Bringing back an old post, but do you still have this? Are you still on this forum?
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
Bringing back an old post, but do you still have this? Are you still on this forum?
You might sending an PM in case the OP account is set up for forum messages to go to his mobile phone. Last sign of activity was in June 2011.

Good luck.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #18

I'm still here.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #19

I do still have it. All is good.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote: