Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2015, 10:02 PM   #1

2011 Shamrock 21SS Awning

I recently caught the awning arm on fence latch backing camper into backyard.It popped one of the rivets out of the arm causing it to not close all the way when fully retracted.I used a zip tie to keep it closed for now.Looks like a rivet popped out of the bracket that is attached to the side of the camper. It also left a hole where the rivet was.I taped up the hole to prevent water from entering.The awning still functions properly with no issues other than arm not closing quite all the way.Local dealer who I did not buy from quoted me $600 for whole new awning.Looks like it could be fixed without replacing whole awning to me.Looking to get rivet gun and try that.(By the way awning is electric).Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks
dawg82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:32 PM   #2
Site Team

it's a Dometic awning. contact them for suggestions.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:03 PM   #3

If it pulled out a rivet already be sure to get some kind of backing plate or fender washer on the other side of the rivet and be sure to put sealant on the rivet.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #4

Post a pic of it. But agree with 'mojo' with a fender washer and a short nut/bolt to fix it. Pending if there is enough clearance for the head of a nut or bolt.

Tags
2011, awning, shamrock