Old 04-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #21
I have camped in chilly weather, down to 30-40 outside with all three bunks open. One 1500 watt cube heater will keep temps in the camper above 50. It is comfortable enough if you move the air around with a small fan in the interior blowing up to the ceiling to move the warm air around the interior. Admittedly I have a 19' 183 model. A second 1500 watt heater on a second circuit will probably be more heat than you need. Using the bunk fans in each bunk helps keep the condensation at bay on the vinyl tent roofs.

There are also "insulating pillows" available on Amazon that perfectly fit the square holes in the roof that hold the fans, and block loss of heat through the plastic lid.

Why pay for propane when you have already paid for electric at a full hookup campground.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab HEMI 3.21 8 Spd 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:23 PM   #22
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
that's what i said the mesh screen is the cold air in . the hot air comes from the furnace and is forced into the ducts . with the panel off the hot air is forced straight out instead of being pushed through the ducts . the furnace has openings on both sides that allows cold air in . i've modified mine to blow straight out sealed off between the furnace & cabinet front opening and now the cold air return is the hot out out . Sealed off where the ducts attached and now the vents [which where only 4 very small ones ] act as cold air returns to the furnace . much more efficient this way for those furnaces that were to small to begin with for the units size they were installed in . along with the piss poor installation of the furnace ducts and uninsulated dryer vent hoses.
The problem with this is you now have one heat "source," probably near the "center" of your TT, and the cold air returns are now probably out near the ends of the TT somewhere (at least if your's is anything like my last 2 - one in the bathroom and one out of the dinette).

This is backwards from the way anyone heats their house (or camper). If you have hot air heat in your house, you'll know that the hot air registers are at the walls (usually below the windows) and the cold air returns are in the center of the house.

Imagine if you swapped these in your house. Now you have a hot heat source in the center of the house and cold air at the walls. Makes for a large temperature gradient from center to walls. NOT EFFICIENT, hence not usually done.

1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:00 AM   #23
maybe you can ad this in your camper, it might help.

2016 Shamrock 23WS
Mainframe is offline   Reply With Quote

2011, 233, 233s, heater, shamrock