Old 04-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #11

Upgrader,

You bring up very good reasons for proceeding with the custom build approach. Thanks for sharing them. I agree, timing is everything and it's great to hear that you benefited from some unplanned enhancements to the unit you ordered.

Happy Camping!

Old 04-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #12

We bought our Roo 25RS from a dealer here in Michigan and paid 17,800. That includes everything like freight and extra fees. RV Wholesalers quoted me $3,000 more for the same unit and that was before any additional fees and camper prep so we probably saved more like $4,000. I posted a thread shortly after signing our papers "Is my dealer screwing with me?" and it really does have a ton of great advice from other posters. DH and I had never bought a TT before and had no idea how to approach it. We were comfortable with buying cars, but campers were a whole different story.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #13

I just found out today that our 233S rolled off the assembly line last Friday. We are waiting for the carrier to deliver it to House Of Camping in Bridgeview, IL. It is a 2013. It has the U-shaped dinette, raised panel doors, convenience package C, electric awning, slide topper, power tongue jack, battery, and full propane tanks. Pretty much every thing you can get other than alloy wheels. HoC had it listed on their website as on order when I put my down payment on it. The price out the door from George is $18,500.00. RVW couldn't touch this price.

And I got a great price on a new Equalizer installed also. Sold the old WDH with my old Starcraft so I could move up to a 2 1/2in Equalizer shank. Just never really liked using the sleeve.

Now we're just waiting for the call to come pick it up!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #14

We purchased our Roo 23SS in April of 2011 it is a 2012 model with u dinette etc. We added a power awning, power tongue jack; and a slideout awning in addition to the "usual" convenience package this unit is sold with. We signed our papers for 16,200 with RVW. The salesman said it was great deal and about the lowest he'd seen one sell for, but I love to haggle and did a ton research about pricing to ensure I was gettting the best possible deal for myself.
The kicker is that when the factory made the unit there was no power jack installed, no slideout awning, and no power awning installed. Our camper was being delivered from FR the same day we picked up so RVW had no idea it was coming this way. Apperantly the sales dept screwed up and the extras were listed incorrectly on the order form.
To make a long story short (and to credit RVW) they handled it great RVW installed both the tongue jack, and slide out awning right there, they offered to have FR re-do the awning, but I really didn't want it anyway (this was a DW option) so they gave us a credit for it and sent us a refund since we had a check from our credit union with us. In addition to that they gave me my equalizer hitch, the wingman for the antenna and vent covers all for free for the inconvenience and having to spend about half a day waiting on their lot. I will always stand by RVW even though they get bashed on here a lot. They really went out of their way to fix a bad situation for me.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
Moderators' Assistant

wow, i guess the economy is getting better.
prices seem to have gone up since i bought mine.

i bought my brand new '07 Roo 23SS for $14,500. i too love to haggle and knew i got a great price. but i bought a model on the lot that had sat during the camping season, unsold, and it was now November. the dealer sells high volume and i'm think wanted to get it off the lot to make room for the new model year after winter.
they even installed my Equalizer for free, even though i had bought it from another dealer, RVW.

but i remember many Roo 23SS buyers getting their new ones for not much more than i paid.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #16

We paid $18,509 from House of Camping and got the power tongue jack for free. Then my hubby decided to get the nicer wheels which was an additional $350. It has C package and power awning and awning over slide. We got many quotes and no one even came close. One dealer couldn't come close on a 2012 and ours is a 2013. He said it was a very aggressive price. I feel like we got a great deal.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #17

$16,300 From RVW last Feb 2012

2012 Rockwood Roo 233s
2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn V8 Hemi
Previous Trailer -> 1996 Jayco 1207
Barney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #18

We want to buy a 233S but it will be next spring only. We will still camp in our Coleman TT for the 11th year. The dealer here in Ottawa quoted us $21,700 plus tax (13%). Hopefully, we'll be able to negotiate. We are also going to have to buy an new towing vehicle. So far, we are thinking a Ford F-150. Not sure if EcoBoost or not. One question about the cd/dvd/sterio system. Can I plug my MacBook Pro to it to watch movies? I heard it has a USB port. Can I plug a stick with .avi files and play movies? Can wait to get it.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kmprs View Post
Ruffs RV in euclid ohio had two 233s on the lot and listed on their. Both had an internet price of $18,496.

both units were featured at the January RV show at the Cleveland, Oh IX Center.
We ordered a different model from Ruff's earlier this year and found their price to be the best between RVW and that certain Shamrock dealer mentioned earlier. I found them to be great to deal with other than their follow-up is a little to be desired. BTW, I had a terrible experience at the local Shamrock dealer and will never go there again. I got a heavy dose of the sales pitch and they were set on taking advantage of me. They didn't realize, however, how much homework I had done prior to going to their dealership.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleIL
I just found out today that our 233S rolled off the assembly line last Friday. We are waiting for the carrier to deliver it to House Of Camping in Bridgeview, IL. It is a 2013. It has the U-shaped dinette, raised panel doors, convenience package C, electric awning, slide topper, power tongue jack, battery, and full propane tanks. Pretty much every thing you can get other than alloy wheels. HoC had it listed on their website as on order when I put my down payment on it. The price out the door from George is $18,500.00. RVW couldn't touch this price.

And I got a great price on a new Equalizer installed also. Sold the old WDH with my old Starcraft so I could move up to a 2 1/2in Equalizer shank. Just never really liked using the sleeve.

Now we're just waiting for the call to come pick it up!!!
I just paid $ 17500 for our new 233s with every option available and got a 22 inch tv as well. The salesman said that was.nuts for the owner to approve it. Was the a.good deal

Tags
233, 233s