Old 10-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #11
Unfortunate experience on your rig, sorry to hear about the delam and being "blown off" on your purchase date......all I could offer would be register it as a lesson learned for your next time around. I have a ROO 233S that is now getting ready to enter it's third year of operation. We camp pretty much at least once a month and have two or three "longer" trips a year and in all our travels, setup, break down and storage we have had no leaks of water through beds at all. I have no idea how many ROO's Forest River sells yearly, but any frustration you have from bed leaks is unfortunate but I wouldn't think it is typical of ALL Forest River products and ROO's. Be vigilant with watching things while you are in your rig, searching with flashlight for the source and then find a dealer you are comfortable with and work hard to negotiate decent pricing on repairs that you can't manage to do yourself. Most importantly, don't let the negative experience over-ride your positive ones...when you are camping it is to have fun and relax!

Ed & Chris
Josh & Jaclyn
2012 Suburban LTZ
2013 Rockwood Roo 233S
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #12
Roo bunkend design snafu.

We have a 2014 Roo, model 19, and have had water leaks past the bunk end seals since day one. CW dealer in PA. has replaced gaskets twice (not the best workmanship) and re-adjusted the closing levers. Trailer is headed back to dealer for the third time, same problem. Forest River needs to man up to fact the bunkend re-design just isn't working and add drip rail to all new trailers and recall the Roo's already sold. Everyone experiencing warped and rotting bunkends are having the same problem, WATER LEAKS; leaks that should not exist in the first place. The rest of the trailer is fine with only two small warranty problems now fixed .

Probwrm19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #13
roo delam /leaks

I hope you can figure out your leak problem.on my 2012 roo 23ss I have a drip rail above my bunks. I have looked for leaks and can not find any. my seals on the outside of both doors are tight. the seals on the inside show no signs of water leaks anywhere. there are no stains on my mattresses . I have two small gaps in the lower corners of each bunk but I can't see how the water could get in there. I really don't know why the bottom of my bunks are swelling I am going to the nearest dealer to see if they can figure it out. I really did not need this major expense right now. but as everyone else my hands are tied.
Kfishman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:28 AM   #14
Engineer of Crazy Train
Originally Posted by Mezgod View Post
Good Day,
I too have a Roo with the same issue as you. I recently contacted a Roo dealer and received a price quote for replacement of one bed panel. My 2009 232 will need both bunks replaced and the panel will run $846.65 (that includes shipping of the panel, seals, and framing ). My quote initially was for one panel, but I will need both so I expect the total installed to be around $3100.00. Not what we want to hear, but it's reality. For your own piece of mind determine who is the dealer closest to you, provide pictures and VIN and you should get a close ballpark figure. Good luck to you and yours, and keep smiling.
I think you are being ripped off. My Roo 21BH needed a new front (and only) bunk door. Cost me about $500 for the total job. Granted I waited for it to be shipped inside a unit being delivered to save on freight and crating. To my surprise, that even included the graphics. And, service was great. Drop it off in the morning, ready in the afternoon.
TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #15
Canadian Member
On my 2010 Roo 23SS I had both bed doors replaced because of the delam. IMO, water was getting past the "pinch welt" seals that line the edges of the doors due to the door frame screw heads not being flush and preventing a perfect seal. I was the 2nd owner and the FR warranty rep agreed to send new doors and decals to a local dealer. I had to pay for labor to have them installed.

Contact the current FR warranty rep to se if they will help you out.

After the new doors and pinch welt were installed it didn't leak. I changed the pinch welt every year to be sure I would have a good seal. I sold it earlier this year. We had a good downpour the night before the new owner picked it up and the seals were doing their job so I hope the new owner doesn't have the same problem.
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73
Fondly remembered:
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #16
how do you get ahold of a forest river warranty rep. to discuss this problem? I have tried with no luck . does anyone have a number?
Kfishman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #17
Here is a contact list.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ContactInformation (1).pdf (46.2 KB, 38 views)
2011 Rockwood 8319SS with ProPride 3P hitch/GoodYear Marathons/TST TPMS 507
2008 F250 Lariat CC SB 6.8L V10 4.10 axle ratio (NITTO TERRA GRAPLER G2 LT275/65R20E)
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #18
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by Kfishman53 View Post
how do you get ahold of a forest river warranty rep. to discuss this problem? I have tried with no luck . does anyone have a number?
contact them by email, instead of phone. they seem to respond better to emails, than voice mails.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #19
We had the delamination problem as well. The warranty rep. at Flagstaff/Forest River was very helpful. Doors were supplied for free. We just had to pay for shipping and installation. So pleased with Forest River that our next TT will be one as well. Think we might go aluminum this time though. Just looking at new trailers from another manufacturer. Sitting on the lot brand new with major delamination on at least 3 of the trailers.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2010 Shamrock 23SS
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab

Maris is offline   Reply With Quote

2012, 23ss, rockwood, rockwood roo, roo