Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by urocav2001 View Post
My latches started to pull away on the side bunk, the dealer tightened them back up and recaulked them, so far they haven't loosened back up. Hopefully they will be good

We had the rear latches tightened up & re-sealed last fall. They were fine for 3-4 trips, then both screws on both latches starting backing out again - like 1". So that's why I was happy with the through-bolt fix this time. Those screws go through the aluminum framing, so they should hold, but for some reason ours didn't.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:34 AM   #22

Cariage bolts

All,

I too used carriage bolts with nuts that have the lining to keep them from loosening. I also cut a 1x3 oak stock pieces for extra strength inside where the washer and bolt were put. The wood gives it a better look, and also allows for a more snug fit (the wood wall in the camper is paper thin). I did both the front and the back ... although the back was the only ones that were vibrating out while traveling. It appears to be a common problem. NOt sure why the dealer says otherwise.

Also fixed my indoor speaker setup. DearTruc was correct. It was wired inside in a way I don't understand. I now have stereo inside that works with the DVD system. I am also going to buy a small subwoofer ... as there are indeed wires for that that wern't being used.

Thanks everyone for comments, pictures, suggestions. This is a great forum!

Happy camping!!!!!
Slussman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags