Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #1

2013 Rockwood Roo 233S

In August, we had an incident where we hooked up the water, the shower was turned on, and we didn't know it. The tub became plugged with the stopper, water overflowed, and luckily we caught it soon enough and was able to dry it with towels before it overflowed too much. Over the next few weeks, we noticed that the floor became soft. So, when the season was over we had the insurance company take a look at it, and finally, we got it to a company that peeled back the vinyl to reveal that there was NO water damage. They cited insufficient floor joists as the cause. There are only joists at the rear and front, and then one 8' from the rear.

Unfortunately, we purchased the camper in April 2012 and it's now November 2013, so we're out of the 1-year warranty window.

Roger at Forest River told us to contact Lippert, the manufacturer of the floor base, as they have the floor joist specs. Lippert said that they build them according to Forest River specs and we should contact them.

So, here we sit, facing having to foot the bill to fix this ourselves. Has anyone else had a problem of soft spots in their Roo that wasn't due to water damage??
jessicapape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Site Team

sounds like your dealer did you a disservice by not telling you about the optional 2nd factory warranty for only $150.

my '07 Roo had a missing crossmember from the frame manufacturer, which was fixed under warranty. but it was more forward, not by the shower.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #3

When you say "insufficient floor joists" do you mean they actaully missed one that was supposed to be installed when it was built, or that its built per plan and the design doesn't have adequate joists?

I've noticed some "soft spots" or flex in a few spots in the floor between the joists in our Roo.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Site Team

i don't know if Lippert made my '07 23SS's frame but i was told that they did leave out a crossmember and had on a number of frames supplied to FR for the Roo/Shamrock factory around that time.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, 233, 233s, rockwood, rockwood roo, roo