Old 06-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #1
Question 2013 Rockwood Roo 23SS

Greetings Folks,

New to the Forum....Hope I can be of assistance as well as, capture some ideas from all of you. Issue! the camper has a Genesis (indoor/outdoor) sound system...frankly yuk. Reception is poor and sound is nothing to be desired. Has anyone had the same experience? If so, what have you done to resolve the issue? Can another sound setup be put in place (like Jensen) of the current setup? Would love some feedback......Thank you....

Defire78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant
the Genesis is made by Concertone, which has had a roller coaster reputation with FR customers.

they make two different sizes of entertainment units.
if you have the shorter, more square unit(Group B), a Jensen unit will usually fit perfectly.]
if it's the taller, narrower unit(Group A), Concertone is the only major manufacturer of that shape.
you'd have to do some woodworking to put a Jensen unit in its place.

you may want to look at the speakers first, before chucking the Genesis unit. the speakers are the weakest part of the system, generally.

if you do get rid of it, send me a PM. i may want to buy it from you.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
Take The Road Less Travld
I like the options but not the sound. I was going to take a look at replacing the speakers but then realized that it's fine for what I'm using it for. I like being able to hook up my phone and use an ad card for camping music. I do t like the outside sound but figured out how to balance the sound so I get better sound out there. Basically just for my backyard bbqs.
"Take The Road Less Traveled"
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s
2013 Ford F150 FX4
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #4
2013 Rockwood Roo Sound System

Thanks to all for your far as, looking into the speakers, first.....that will be somewhat challenging since the cabinetry is in the way.....might have bring her in for that. Also, will have to figure out how to determine if the unit is of the A or B group model(s). Again, there is no separation between outside and inside sound when cycling the selector button.....Let me investigate and will report on my findings. Happy and Safe camping to all...
Defire78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #5
cogito ergo moo
Try just getting good speakers first. One thing I learned during the research/bulding of my home theater is even a moderatly crappy receiver/amp can sound good with decent speakers. But a stellar receiver will sound awful with lousy speakers.

FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 2012
2016 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss (coming soon)
Nights camped 2016 -9
Nights Reserved 077121212125 ..........My Project Blog:

Cowracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
Concertone speakers

Seen where you where thinking bout upgrading your sound system. Ebay has Concertone C5 speakers for $10.00 each plus shipping. I'm looking for one of the C3 speakers. If this is what you currently have in your rig, I would be interested in one. The difference between the C3 and C5 speaker is the C3 is a 3" speaker and I assume the C5 is 5". this would almost double the size of your speakers. Attached is a pic of the C3. Happy camping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0328.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	435.8 KB
ID:	56692  
2 Old Fossils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
Haven't been on the forum in a while...been trying to catch up some. Okay....I have a Concertone ZX50 in my Puma. It is getting about ready to bite the dust I do believe. What is a good cheap replacement for it that would have speaker A, B, C? Any advice will be appreciated.

2009 Palomino Puma 25RS
2007 Chevrolet Silverado
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote

2013, 23ss, rockwood, rockwood roo, roo