Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #21

congrats...I bought one in January but cannot pick it up until may 30th....Thanks for the input will look for any issues in the comming weeks..Thanks

Old 03-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by epplebee View Post
I know I am a little late to the party but we purchased our 23IKSS on 2-15 and brought home 2-25. We are in love with the unit but have found a few things that should be looked into. First of all the battery disconnect, I pointed that out to the dealer and the factory rep. The factory changed the location so that it can be disconnected with the slides in. Second, we didn't realize there are no heat ducts towards the front of the camper. Haven't said anything yet but will see what the factory rep says when i talk to him about it.

There are only two heat ducts in our 233S so I am not surprised there is not one upfront. Ours are located in the bathroom and the other near the door.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post

There are only two heat ducts in our 233S so I am not surprised there is not one upfront. Ours are located in the bathroom and the other near the door.
That surprised me as well. I'll find out how well that works in a couple of Weeks. It should do fine.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

It works fine, Fritz. The one by the door blows the strongest and is aimed towards the front bunk. You can use the fans to move warm air throughout as needed, and the best way to stay warm as night is to use the heated mattresses (assuming you have electric).

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #25

I assumed the heated mattresses and warm bodies would help heat the front up a good bit, just wasn't sure. I can't wait til i get this thing on the road and at the campgrounds.