Old 06-22-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
2014 23IKSS Slide Leak

Purchased a 2014 Shamrock 23IKSS 1.5 years ago and recently noticed a bubble in the ceiling by the sky light in the kitchen. A week or so after this I was in the trailer after a rain storm (many of those in Texas in recent months), and noticed a line of water coming down the kitchen slide out and it was running across the floor. I took it in this last weekend and they checked the seals on the roof by the skylight and said there was not a leak. He said the bubble was caused by humidity and the glue not holding anymore and the water down the slide out was from the channel on the slide that leaks. He said its a known problem and no fix for it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix if that is the case that someone has found?

2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
2007 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L V8 with 3.73 rear end, Primus IQ Break Controller, and Equalizer Hitch
DW (Not allowed to say)
DD (3 year)
DS (6 months)
ficksters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
no fix? There has to be something you can do. I am not too familiar with your particular unit but you definitely need to stay on top of this. Water will ruin your floor and camper as a whole.

I wish you the best.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #3
Sorry to hear Ficksters. In the past 8 mo I've been a member (and owner of a 23ikss) I haven't heard of anyone having this exact issue. If delaer states it's a known issue, someone must have a fix. If not, it's time to take out the garden hose and wet sections down one at a time. Probably closed first and starting with the roof and seeing if water is coming in along the wall seam.
2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Roo 23 ikss
deartruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #4
I have an early 2015 and haven't seen anything like that. Agree with trying to find leak yourself. Maybe if you do the diagnostic work you can get the dealer to fix it. Best of luck.
jking46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:19 AM   #5
Late 2015 23IKSS and do not have that issue, I constantly check for Water and mine seems to be good there but have other minor issues, working with FR to get them all taken care of

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:04 PM   #6
Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
I had pooching out a little bit on the side of one of my slides, and discovered that the edge of the slide roof where it meets that screwed on strip? It was leaking at that edge. I put caulk on the strip and I have no more advancing of a leak. And yes,,,,get it fixed ASAP!
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #7
2014 ikss and haven't had those issues (knock on wood). Only issues I have had are a defective outside speaker, faulty gas regulator, and broken cable tray/harness under dinette slide - all fixed under warranty. I just might inspect her a little closer this weekend now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

2011 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 6.2L (for towin')
2014 Roo 23IKSS (for campin')
2005 Monterey 180FS (for boatin')
Changes_In_Latitudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:10 PM   #8
Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
Changes,,,,,,next to tire preservation,,,,the roof and its integrity are next on the list of importance.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:35 AM   #9
A few thoughts:
No leaks on our 2014 23IKSS in this area. I will watch this area closer.
If this is a "known issue" someone on this forum has heard about it and will respond.
There ought to be a fix for this leak. Again, owners on this forum should have suggestions.
1beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #10
I had these two same issues. The skylights will collect condensation and it runs down onto the ceiling causing the bubble. This happened during colder weather when I had the grandkids with us. The moisture will get past the inner flat plexi-glass pane and collect on the skylight itself.

The cause of my slide leak was the aluminum molding the runs the length of the roof line. One end of this molding was open and not caulked as it should have been allowing water to enter the inside of the molding. Check both ends.

Les & Heidi Kramer
2010 GMC Sierra SLE & 2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
Cleveland, OH
cpd1343 is online now   Reply With Quote

2014, leak, slide