Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #1

2014 Roo 21SSL

Hello everyone. We just purchased the Roo 21SSL so we can haul our 4-wheelers. I am a bit confused on setting up my kitchen area. Is there anyone out there who has set one up to live in yet? It has been too cold here to start playing with it. I did buy a plastic cart with drawers and we put that in the cabinet underneath the TV. That gave me 3 more drawers for kitchen stuff like aluminum foil, plastic baggies etc. Any ideas would be appreciated!
ilovefiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #2

Congrats on the new Roo. There has been much discussion on the kitchen and specifically the lack of drawers in many of the floorplans. No idea why the designers think that people don't need a kitchen drawer. There are several threads if you search for them, but here is a link to one:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-39342.html

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Broken Toe

Congrats on the 21SSL. You will love yours as much as I love mine. As far as kitchen set up.... We put thing in a box (alum foil, wax paper, saran wrap, etc) and some pot holder on the bottom drawer. Middle drawer holds kitchen gadgets, (peelers, pizza wheel, wooden spoons, etc) and the top useless tilt out drawer holds BBQ lighters.

we have a paper plate/fork/knife/spoon/salt/pepper/napkin holder thing that we keep in the cabinet above the sink. A couple of pots lives in the oven.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #4

2014 Roo 21SSL

It sounds like your kitchen setup is different from mine. I have a cabinet over the sink, a cabinet door with slide-out drawer in a weird configuration underneath the sink, and when you come in the door, underneath the TV, I have 2 drawers. One storage area under the table seat also is in drawer form, and I plan on using that for my groceries. I did buy a plastic drawer cart that I managed to get into the cabinet underneath the 2 drawers of the entertainment center, which gives me 2 deep drawers and 1 regular size one. I guess I just need to wait until it warms up and try to set the kitchen up. I have been going through it in my mind and am having a heck of a time. I cannot wait for warmer weather so we can take it out and take the 4-wheelers out. We are not planning on being home much this summer, that is for sure.

Thanks for your input! Appreciate it.

Maud

PS, how do you guys get the cute signature with how many days camped etc on your page???
ilovefiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefiber View Post

PS, how do you guys get the cute signature with how many days camped etc on your page???
Maud,
Take a look at this thread for various "how to" items. Specifically, posts 9 and 25 for your signature.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...sics-6778.html

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefiber View Post

If you click "User CP" on the menu bar toward the top of the screen it takes you to your setup page. On the left side, one of the choices is edit signature. Click that and you add whatever text you want plus a picture and/or graphics.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #7

BTW, as far as setting things up, you'll probably change your mind several times once you start camping regularly. I camped in a pop-up for 11 years & can't count the number of configurations I went through along with "Wow, that's cool" gadgets that were tried & then abandoned. I was still revising the way things were carried/stored in the pop-up when I traded it last September!

Molly, my camping cockapoo, crossed the Rainbow Bridge in May 2020. She was almost 18. Still miss her.
My new companion is Maggie, a maltipoo. She was a year old in April.
AMarrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21ssl, roo