Old 07-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
2014 233s Rockwood Roo

2014 Roo 233s in the drive way!

Ok, I got my Roo yesterday. Its in the drive way for the weekend so I can test everything out. The Refridge was nice and cold at the dealership when I picked it up. They told me to leave it on "Auto" when traveling. He said it would detect if I'm electric or propane and use accordingly to keep it cold.

I have a 30amp out let at home so I plugged into it last night. I left the propane on and electric. When I woke up this morning the refridge is warm. Breakers look fine. Propane is confirmed on. I didn't trip a breaker in the garage. Everything else seems to be working.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any responses!

WFDEric

Old 07-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #2

Congratulations on the new Roo. If the propane lines were not bled, it will not switch over to propane. Try lighting the burner on the stove and leaving them on for a couple of minutes. It sounds like some driveway camping is in order for the weekend. Enjoy!

Old 07-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
2014 233s Rockwood Roo

No

They fired up the stove and oven for me at the dealership. I just hooked up and went home then plugged in. Just to confirm I went out and started the stove top with the 1st click of a turn knob.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on your new Roo! The 233S is a great floorplan.

What were the lights on the fridge control panel? Was the Auto light on or Auto and check indicator?

Sounds silly, but check to make sure your thermostat didn't fall out of its holder inside the fridge.

As Archi said, bleed the lines by lighting the stove top.

If not working on propane you need to confirm that you actually have power to the trailer so check the factory disconnect. I believe your model might have a factory installed battery disconnect near the converter. Pull out for power. I don't have one of the factory disconnects, but that's what I understand. That would have prevented the fridge from working off of propane (if disconnected).

Hopefully, one or both of those will solve the issue. If the lines are bled and you are receiving power, than we go to step 2.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #5

Yes out is for power on. If you turn off the frig and depress the propane button it will light or the check light will come on. It takes a long time to cool down.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #6
rbq

When you open the fridge door does the light come on? If the fridge is on auto the light on the control panel should be lit. If on gas no lights are on on the control panel. If no lights are on the control & the light inside the fridge does not come on then the overheat circuit breaker has tripped due to being out of level for too long. To reset it you will have to open the outside vent cover & find the two wires that are connected to the stack on the right side. The circuit breaker is located between the two wires & is reset by pressing the button that is between the two wires.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #7
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s

you have to depress the button. I believe the out button means it is off. I depress both of them so it is automatic. RBQ is correct is your fridge light on? If no then you didn't turn it on.

Hope all works out.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #8
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s

your fridge should detect the 110 volt then it will look for the propane....
Old 07-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
2014 233s Rockwood Roo

Thanks for all the responses...

RBQ thanks that was it...So just sitting slightly unlevel can cause it to overheat and to trip that breaker?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #10
Moderators' Assistant

how much out of level is it? and why would you run it if the trailer's out of level?

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote