Old 08-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #1

2014 Roo 233S leaks

I have never in my life been more disappointed in a product. Forrest River will hear from my lawyer and take this crap back. After fixing what I thought was the leak problem in out brand new $20.000 camper by "seasoning" the canvas we just had a rain storm in Maryland. My girlfriend and I were happy because there was no leaks in the front bunk (the only one we had folded down) She got up and went to the bathroom and there was an inch of water throughout the back of the camper. Both matresses are soaked the floor is soaked and everything we had in the bottom cabinets is soaked. Tomorrow this crap is being dropped off at the dealer and the bank will get a call. I will not make another payment on this junk.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #2

I'm sorry to hear that. Its under warranty and should be repaired\replaced. Check your states Lemon Laws. I think you have to try and have something repaired a couple of times before they are obligated to take it back.

2016 Crossroads 270BH (Current)
2017 Ford F350 CCSB
Mods and Pics
BurgPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #3

It's very frustrating to purchase a new product, wait for Weeks for it to come direct from the factory and have these problems. From a refrig. that won't work without fans to now leaks. I honestly don't know how to dry the mattress out. The camper is on a lot (paid for the entire Month) and it's supposed to rain more this Weekend. I can't even imagine the damage if we were not here last night to soak up the water. At the very least I'm going to demand new matresses.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #4

Is it on their lot or a storage lot? You should try to protect it, tarp it, if it is not in their possession.

2017 Ford F350 CCSB
Mods and Pics
Old 08-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgPath View Post
Is it on their lot or a storage lot? You should try to protect it, tarp it, if it is not in their possession.
X eleventy

It's called mitigating damage.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgPath View Post
I read that as on a seasonal lot. And I do agree with trying to tarp it to avoid more rain intrusion.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #7

Am I over thinking the closure of the bunk ends on these Roos? I don't know if maybe during the storm the one bunk end was possibly not closed correctly and had a small piece of canvass stuck in the seal. But should this matter? If the ends don't leak when opened, why should they leak if something is stuck between the seal? Is this seal kink of a secondary one?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #8

When you fold that door up does it require ANY pressure to swing the lock arm in and latch?
First time we put the ends up, I had to push a little. Got some water when I opened it a week later.
Now we ensure that the door sits closed nearly flush, then latch. It requires no effort to latch the swing arm closed.

2017 Ford F350 CCSB
Mods and Pics
Old 08-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #9

We have the new style latch system which does not seem to close as tight as the old system did. I know this may sound stupid but how come it makes a difference if when you close the door the seal does not seal? If the bunks don't leak when opened how does closing them wrong suddenly make them leak? It seems the only way it would matter is if some way when you closed them the seal pulled away from the camper. The rubber seal around the door being breached should allow water in on the canvass but how does it get inside?
Old 08-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroo2 View Post
We have the new style latch system which does not seem to close as tight as the old system did. I know this may sound stupid but how come it makes a difference if when you close the door the seal does not seal? If the bunks don't leak when opened how does closing them wrong suddenly make them leak? It seems the only way it would matter is if some way when you closed them the seal pulled away from the camper. The rubber seal around the door being breached should allow water in on the canvass but how does it get inside?
That's a good question - with the new bunk canvas design where it is permanently attached to the door, it seems like even if you had water coming in the door it wouldn't get through the canvas and into the trailer. You would expect to have a puddle when you opened it back up.

Unless, the canvas was unzipped - then the water would come through the screens. And I have no idea how water tight the zippers are. Standing water might be able to get through the zippers???

I see your point here, but for other reasons, like not having water in the canvas while in storage, it seems like a good habit to make sure the canvas is not pinched in the door seals when closing it up.

But for sure, you shouldn't be having leaks. In reading some of the other threads, it seems that FR has been pretty good about making repairs when there is a problem. Hopefully that's the case with your rig and they get it corrected for you. Very frustrating, I'm sure...

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s, leak, roo