Old 01-09-2015, 12:15 AM   #21

My bad 3.42 axle ratio. Lol

Old 01-09-2015, 02:44 AM   #22
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st timer View Post
Hello all, I have ordered and hopefully picking up my 23ss roo next week. Very excited about the purchase! I've never owned a hybrid tt before but the deal from rv wholesalers was to good to pass so we went all in.... never owned anything before but my parents had a pop up and a class a motor home. So I can't wait to start my family's adventure camping. .. the TV is a 2014 gmc serria1500 crew cab with standard bed. 3.70 rear got a prodigy 3 brake controller and going to have equilizer weight distribution hitch... should be good but always questioning the capabilities for the TV! Wish I could swing the 2500 series! The roo 23ss tt is such a sweet trailer! Went with the safire package... Some seem to dislike it but I think it looks super sharpe! We looked at a lot of hybrids but nothing compares to the shamrock/ roo models. Cheers! Can't wait until spring!
You'll be fine towing with that truck. I've been towing my 23SS with my 5.3 Avalanche for over 8 years now, over the Sierras, Cascades, Siskiyous and Rockies.
and it's done a great job and it only has the old 4spd trans.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:16 AM   #23

I just traded my Roo 23ss for a small Fifthwheel. We towed with my 1500 Silverado and my 2500hd and I preferred the 1500 it pulled the same and gave a much better ride. The 2500 is a 2003 6.0 and 2008 1500 is the 5.3. Good luck with your Roo!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-09-2015, 10:05 AM   #24

Thanks, puts my mind at ease!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:12 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshnJim View Post
Those of you who have the 21SS - can you walk from front to back when the slide is not extended? Can you access the bathroom? (We just found out there's a length restriction at one of our favorite campgrounds, so we'll have to go with the 21SS rather than the 23SS.)
What type of campground can't handle a 24'8" camper? Keep in mind that is bumper to tongue on the 23SS, so if you are close you could just play dumb and act like you thought the length restriction was for length of the living area. I can't imagine you'd have someone out there with a tape measure, anyway. Of course, I live in Texas which tends to be more free and "mind your own business" than many places.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #26

Quote:
Hello all, I have ordered and hopefully picking up my 23ss roo next week. Very excited about the purchase! I've never owned a hybrid tt before but the deal from rv wholesalers was to good to pass so we went all in.... never owned anything before but my parents had a pop up and a class a motor home. So I can't wait to start my family's adventure camping. .. the TV is a 2014 gmc serria1500 crew cab with standard bed. 3.70 rear got a prodigy 3 brake controller and going to have equilizer weight distribution hitch... should be good but always questioning the capabilities for the TV! Wish I could swing the 2500 series! The roo 23ss tt is such a sweet trailer! Went with the safire package... Some seem to dislike it but I think it looks super sharpe! We looked at a lot of hybrids but nothing compares to the shamrock/ roo models. Cheers! Can't wait until spring!
We have a 2011 Roo23ss and i tow with a 2003 GMC sierra 1500 with the small V8, It works fine, cant go 70 mph up some hills but i get there just fine.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:34 PM   #27

Good to here, going to have a long ride home from RVW to South Jersey to get a feel for it. Can't wait!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Good to here, going to have a long ride home from RVW to South Jersey to get a feel for it. Can't wait!

Hope you have a good trip! I have a 2014 Shamrock 23ikss that I pull with a 2006 GMC Sierra crew cab 5.3 with 3.70 rear. Have a prodigy 3 and WDH with sway control. My personal comfort zone includes engaging the tow feature on the shifter, and dropping it into '3' rather than 'D'. I try not to exceed 65 MPH and that gives me a tach around 2300 which seems to be my sweet spot. Of course, your results my vary!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #29

Thanks, I also have prodigy 3 , equilizer WDH I will definitely tow in tow mode and play with gear selection for f I nd this trucks sweet spot. 2300 is a good number for rpms in my mind. Spoke to the sales person yesterday and the Roo 23ss should be in on Tuesday or wedesday. Fingers crossed!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nccamper View Post
Hope you have a good trip! I have a 2014 Shamrock 23ikss that I pull with a 2006 GMC Sierra crew cab 5.3 with 3.70 rear. Have a prodigy 3 and WDH with sway control. My personal comfort zone includes engaging the tow feature on the shifter, and dropping it into '3' rather than 'D'. I try not to exceed 65 MPH and that gives me a tach around 2300 which seems to be my sweet spot. Of course, your results my vary!
Just figured out how to respond i think. see last post.

Tags
roo