Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2015, 09:46 PM   #1

Angry 2015 Shamrock 23IKSS Hose Harness

And so it begins....We just traded up from 2008 Roo 23SS to Shamrock IKSS.
Our "new to us" IKSS has presented us with it's first problem. We have been getting ready for our first winter escape in our new home-away-from-home when we found our hose harness below the kitchen slide broken. We were aware this was a potential issue because we saw other posts pertaining to this exact issue before we purchased our 'Rock last month. We brought it home and have only been in the driveway while just "movin' in". The slide has been opened/closed just a handful of times. This morning we opened the slides to run a dehumidifier since it's been raining for a few days and we saw the harness hanging down.We have managed to engineer a fix that we hope will last. Just want others with IKSS to keep a close watch on this area. I can only imagine the horrors of snapped electric wiring and LP lines.
CYAH OUT THERE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:57 PM   #2

Been waiting since August for the warranty replacement to come in. The one ordered and came in was too narrow. Service manager (who has moved to another store) said to contact the new service manager.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG5767.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	94634  
Old 11-19-2015, 10:06 PM   #3

destruc, yours is one of the messages we saw before we bought our 'Rock. Thanks for the heads up. We've been watching it since day one because of your original post.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:07 PM   #4

Deartruc is what I meant
Old 11-19-2015, 10:10 PM   #5

I tried to post a picture of our fix but it didn't work.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:24 PM   #6

Where mine broke was right near where it attached to the slide. You can see the two zip ties that now hold it in place. Closed, it was within an inch of touching the tire. I wonder how long the sharp cracked edge would have taken to slice into the tire if it had touched. Lucky design flaw? What's funny is the old (who I should say midterm since they run threw staff quite frequently) service manager told me to talk to the new service manager about getting a new one. When I went down to pick up the part, I spoke with the new guy, and took him out to his lot to show him the difference. I must have got "When did you buy it?" at least a dozen times. It failed during the first year warranty bought now I'm in the 2nd year I bought.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:10 PM   #7

I've seen pics of 2013 that show that plastic raceway as much narrower than the 2015.
Index of /
Old 11-20-2015, 04:58 AM   #8

I remember when the IKSS first came out, Someone bought one of the early ones and posted a ton of pictures on another forum. I remember pointing this out to be a potential problem to buddy of mine who has a 233S.

I'd be getting some 2" or 2 1/2" aluminum angles and fabricating my own brackets. Are those plastic? Its a shame you have to do your own design work but sometimes that is what's required.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:43 AM   #9

I was going to have the dealer fix mine permanently when I took it in for winterizing and inspection. However the adviser told me the replacement part would be identical to the broken one and would probably break at some point. We both got under the slide and he showed me the bracket where the raceway attaches. Haven't done this yet but I'm going to get a small ratchet strap and use it as a makeshift raceway. Only watchout is to not get the strap too tight. The hoses still need to move, just not sag.
Camper is stored now so I won't fix til spring but I'll post pictures when I do.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:56 AM   #10

ALL of the hose/cable support brackets that the hoses/cables run through broke WAY before the mounting bracket on the slide!! In order to replace this assembly you would have to disconnect ALL hoses/cables. More trouble than its worth in my opinion. I will stick with the cable ties.
cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #11

Slide out wiring support - iRV2 Forums
This is a post about using a hinge. Wish there were some pictures. If anyone has ever used a hinge pictures would be great. Although I haven't been able to figure out how to post photos from iPhone.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:06 PM   #12

Here is a link for new parts. One end looks like a hinge. Why wouldn't they make the other end with a hinge?! What happens if the support breaks in the middle?
THANKS for replies. Love this forum!
Flex Guard
Old 11-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #13

Photo of our fix so far. Thanks to other posts we are now going to add a hinge also.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	94734  
Old 11-29-2015, 07:15 PM   #14

Ours was damaged as well. We figured thank goodness we have an extended warranty. We had a deductible which we paid when we got the unit back....all they did was make a clean slice and resecured it with nuts bolts and a stainless steel plate!I could have done that and saved myself 100.00

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

The Happy Campers
Gary
Erin (the wife)
Nick (the dog)
and sometimes the M-I-L
Reynolds551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:00 PM   #15

We just purchased our IKSS from another owner. We had his extended warranty transferred to us for $100. Because of previous posts by other forum members, we chose to do our own repair for the very reason you state. Repairs would only cause a duplicate the problem without a better fix. We used a hinge, wire fasteners and a metal pipe guide. So far,so good. We are soon leaving for warmer climates and will update if our repair continues to do the job.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	95247  

Tags
shamrock