Old 05-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #1
2016/2017 Rockwood caulk

Does anyone know for sure what caulking Rockwood is using both interior and exterior?

I assume for the outside clear they are using Geocel Proflex RV.
Inside I think they are using Geocel 2300 tripolymer.

I sent an email to Rockwood but has anyone asked the same question recently?

I also noticed in the paperwork packet a sheet from the roofing manufacturer Alpha Systems. They say to only use Alpha Systems sealants which is fine with me. The issue is it appears you can not find any, at least online and in tan. In the paper work they say to call them but I have read where its almost impossible to get through and when you do the only thing they will sell you is an entire case of 24 tubes?

Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #2
I also think they are using the Geocel 2300 tripolymer tan.

Here's a link for buying just a tube:

Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #3
I have an early 2016 Roo 19, same floorplan and colors as a 2015. I found some of the clear caulking on the exterior had pulled away from trim over the winter. My dealer confirmed that it was the Geocell ProFlex RV and sent me a couple of tubes to do the repairs.

I have no idea what is used on the interior, but there seems to be colored caulk where cabinets, walls, etc. meet up. That stuff feels very much like silicone or maybe a urethane to me. I doubt that they would spend the money on a urethane, especially for interior.

A hard, dry white caulk was used, very poorly mind you, to attempt to seal in places such as inside the cabinet around the fridge. That stuff gave me the impression of an acrylic with a very high solids content. It was VERY hard. I was able to cut it with a utility knife, but if it was any harder I doubt that I could have.

Right after we got the Roo I emailed Rockwood to find out what the roof membrane was since I was considering glue down solar panels. The brochure said that it was a vinyl/rubber composite. They insisted that it was EPDM but there is NO WAY that is what it is. I also had a sheet from Alpha in my docs but it doesn't say which of their roofing systems it actually is. I asked my dealer and he said that he was not sure what it was but didn't think it was EPDM either and it was definitely NOT a PVC (vinyl) roof as they had just replaced one on a trailer and said they are very different and easily identified. From what I have read online of descriptions, my bet is that it is TPO.

One of Dicor's products is supposed to be ok to use with TPO, but I also would prefer to have some of the stuff from Alpha. Even if more expensive, I shouldn't need a ton of it, just a bit for maintenance.
Early 2016 Rockwood Roo 19
dragon-roo is online now   Reply With Quote

caulk, rockwood