Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #1

2016 233s location of bypass valve, low water drain and inline water filter

Happy Football afternoon,
purchased a 2016 233s, and the delivery walk through missed some item locations.
Where would I find:
The hot water heater bypass valve?
The location for the in line water filter?
the low point hot and cold water drains for when I am running off city water?

Thanks for the help and look forward to using this site as we make the camper our own.
Actually 1 more question: what was the most useful mod you did to your 233s?
we had a popup prior and the most useful mod was a metal shelf between the bunk end poles to hold all of our clothes.

Again thanks,
Jizmo3
jizmo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:06 PM   #2

By pass is under the sofa towards front of trailer. Water filter is in front left cabinet the one that is screwed closed. Don't know why you need low point drains for city water hook up they are more for winterizing. Bust mod Eco foil and pugs.

2014 roo 233S. 2008 saab 97x
dado39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #3

Oh yea I removed my water filter because it unscrew its self on my last trip.

2014 roo 233S. 2008 saab 97x
dado39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #4
Site Team

#1 Mod for Hybrid TT: Popup Gizmos on tent ends and Reflectix in the tent windows

Also confused by low point drains question. That's a winterizing feature, no matter whether you use city water or FW tank/water pump water.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #5

when you are done camping at a campground, how do you drain the water lines? I think I need to clarify my question.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:33 PM   #6

Hey there jizmo3...bikendan is right, you really only need to use those low point drains if you are winterizing or un-winterizing. There really isn't a need to drain your water supply lines when you are done camping unless you are trying to avoid a freeze.

The hot water bypass can be treated the same as well, you should only need to open it and close supply and return valves on your HW heater when you are getting ready to press your water system up with anti-freeze (the pink stuff just for this RV process) as a winterizing effort. On my 233 (a 2013 model year) my HW heater is front right under the couch, when you flip the back over to make the small bed, you can lift the seat cushion up and then see all three valves right behind the HW heater package....mine is surrounded by a styrofoam shell.

I also removed my inline water filter for the same reason as dado39 because it unscrewed itself and poured water all over our brand new 233S! It was located front left behind the cabinet door held shut by the extra hinge instead of a door nob and clasp.

Ed & Chris, Empty Nesters (missing Josh & Jaclyn)
along with Blue & Tessa, Cat Explorers!
2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
2019 F-250 Diesel 4x4 Super Duty
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #7

Oh and P.S. - I do drain my HW heater after every camping outing by pulling the anode rod. I always let it drain completely and then re-dress the anode rod threads with teflon tape and re-install to the heater, leaves me set up perfectly for next outing. When I bring the trailer home from storage before a trip, I hook up garden hose to city water and fill the hot water heater back up while I also flush all my hot and cold water lines by simply opening faucets and running till any/all air is gone. I usually just let the grey tank drain to my yard when I do this to water the lawn.

Ed & Chris, Empty Nesters (missing Josh & Jaclyn)
along with Blue & Tessa, Cat Explorers!
2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
2019 F-250 Diesel 4x4 Super Duty
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:05 AM   #8

Well there you go - I was incorrect.
So I always drained the water lines when leaving the campsite on my popup, thought it was a requirement/recommended but it seems like that is not the case.
superb thank you for all the replies.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:52 PM   #9
RetiredRVer

Ebemis.....why do you pull the anode rod and drain your HWT after each camping trip? As a plumber, I find that a little odd. Just wanted to know your reasoning.
checkmate99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s, bypass, cat, drain, location, water, water filter