Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2015, 06:59 PM   #21

Love.. Love.. Love.. maybe in the future..
Old 08-25-2015, 09:23 PM   #22

I've never seen anything like that on the Forest River site. Notice the price was 23K but if you look at the sticker 31K?
thomsonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 PM   #23
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

That is a first! The pantry with a glass door, the new entertainment center, lazy boy (must be a new option), then the big bonus a shower with a door. The bath is very much like the new 23WS, that is reported to be a larger shower.

Looking at the window sticker (factory invoice) it looks like the chairs and the entertainment center is a new option! Theater Seating $1,120.00.

I wonder is the pantry is an option?

Wonder why the new floor plan is still in the old colors.

I wonder what other surprises might released at Hersey?

Erik Lundquist
elundquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:27 PM   #24

Hmmmm....I wonder if we can mod my 2014 bathroom to incorporate that shower! I thought I liked the new entertainment center, offering more privacy to the front bunk, but how do you watch TV from that bunk? I think I like my set up better for viewing. I also like my rear bunk tv set up also. The shelving back there on the new one makes it "look" much smaller and confined. The pantry doesn't really do anything for me. There's plenty of storage in this model without it.

What I like about the 2016...
*the shower. BIG improvement.
*it appears to have a spray faucet on the kitchen island..nice.
*front facing wardrobe near the fridge, vs. the side facing wardrobes in my 2014 - easier access, but I think I have more storage there..not sure.
*nicer freezer door compartment. I have the stupid juice can rack..so useless.

what I DON'T like..
*less cabinets over the dinette/couch area and don't like that they look cheap in comparison to the raised panel door in the rest of the camper. Why the empty overhead spot in between the recliners and dinette? Odd again...
*the microwave moved over the counter and the cabinets over the stove..odd, and gives you much less height to prepare meals on the counter space.
*two large drawers next to the stove vs. the my three drawer and one door set up that leads to a pass through to outside.
*doors on the island are only on the kitchen side. Mine has doors all the way around, so you can get into the cabinet once the slides are in if you have to.

Sooooo...I guess I like mine better, but that shower...it's gonna happen in mine if it's the last thing I do!

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:32 AM   #25

Hmmm. This one feels to me like they are trying to squeeze too much in. We like the open feeling of the front bunk though admittedly it is just the two of us and we use the back bunk for sleeping. (Planning on putting some light-duty shelves or something in the space for a TV back there.) I don't like the pantry and the big pantry door and prefer the earlier designs with the entertainment center there. Though the recliner approach would be nice, I would still prefer that it not be chopped into two chairs which limits its use as a "love seat" or a place for kids to curl up sideways. And why the split cabinets over the dinette/sofa?

The hard side shower might be nice but I'd have to try it out to make sure I was able to move around with out smacking it with an elbow or knee or whatever. Especially when I drop the soap.

So it looks like the "wardrobe" is one, deeper closet rather than the two shallower closets in the prior model. We wouldn't care for that. With the current arrangement we have a his/hers and it works great.

I also agree with sewingcybermom that I prefer the earlier arrangement of the microwave and the cabinet next to it. Not sure why the switch.

I like the idea of a hose/spray faucet for the kitchen sink if in fact that is what it is.

But it some ways it looks like they reused parts from other Rockwood units and not everything seems to fit or feels like it was forced into the plan. At least not for me/us.
drhroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:47 AM   #26

Man fr is all over the place with our Roos. Old colors, new layouts...what the...

I would kill for theater seats but what am I looking at? The TV faces nowhere and if you pull it out you block the door?

I don't know what to think about this beast...intrigued but confused.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #27

I like the old entertainment center as well. The TV will need to be pulled out in front of the door to be seen. The pantry door looks a little funky to me and although I like the hard sided shower I would need to see how usable the sink is with much less room to maneuver. I am considering the 23IKSS as my next upgrade and I am really curious where Forest River is going with this.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:40 AM   #28

One last thing, the theater seating is very nice but the couch provided an option to turtle if required. I'm sure you could sleep on the theater seating but it would not be very comfortable.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:25 AM   #29
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

I like the shower - but this picture might be from 23WS as the cabinet colors look different from the rest. But then again FR might have made their 5th wheels/ TT shower fit in the Hybrids. If so I like this shower door option better. I had more room in these showers.

I am not sure about the new pantry/entertainment center/ theater seating - I am thinking these are part of a new option package.
Maybe the old entertainment center will remain w/o Theater Seating Option.

The microwave move must have been to increase room above cooktop for larger pots. I cook so I like this move.

The change to the drawers next to the stove and the island doors changed several months ago. I believe the islands first lost all the doors as some complained about things falling out the other side. Then the island got thinner to permit more room for the slide when retracted. I herd of complaints of the slide hitting the island when traveling.

I know the space next to the stove went from drawers behind doors, to one door with three exposed small drawers on the right, and now three full exposed drawers. I know the drawers behind the doors was an access problem for me as you where stuck in between the doors.

The cabinets above the sofa, the front facing wardrobe, and rear bed shelves most likely changed for the larger shower. I am not sure if the living room slide got shorter, but might explain the cabinets above sofa. Unless there are some rear speakers mounted there for surround sound as part of the Theater Seating Option.

The flat face doors above the living room slide are different? I too like the wood face doors better.

Erik Lundquist
Old 08-26-2015, 10:41 AM   #30
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

In the last year I have not seen the rear bed TV listed as an option. I have seen most pictures on recent models showing an outlet and cable hook up back there. Is the hook up now a standard feature?

Is the second TV a dealer option?

FR told me several months ago they switched the ventilation fans to Maxxair Maxxfan units with the exterior covers installed as a stock feature. I wonder if they have an upgrade/ option for the Maxxair Maxxfan Deluxe model that opens electronically with the handheld thermostat/ remote control?

I installed the Maxxair Maxxfan Deluxe on my popup and it's great for controlling night ventilation without getting out of bed durning the cold nights.

Erik Lundquist
Old 08-26-2015, 10:52 AM   #31
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

FR reply on 2016 changes and brochures.

Erik,

Thank you for your interest in our Roo line. All of the information for 2016 changes will be available on our website and in our brochure after our Dealer Open House in mid-September. If you need anything else, or have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you,

Anthony Yoder
Rockwood Division
Forest River, Inc

Nuts. Just hoping to start shopping now.

Erik Lundquist
Old 08-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #32

They are sure making some nice improvements but I am still waiting to see the one that puts it all together. I can't think of one thing I would change in my little DK to improve it given the small size. I could get pretty interested in moving up if they ever nail these improved bathrooms along with the theater seats in a logical setup with the entertainment center. Maybe an improved 23ss would be the ticket...I dunno. I should just be glad that I have everything I need in a practical layout while still having the smallest camper at the campground nearly every weekend. I should be....but theater seats and an island are pretty wicked cool. Throw a larger black and gray tank on a 23 model and I could be in real trouble.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:24 AM   #33
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

Looks like the Dealer Open House is the week of 21st Sept, so it's another month before we get official confirmation of 2016 changes.

I noticed serval of the larger Roo dealers have cleared out the pre 2016 models.

Maybe they will post pictures of the new 2016 models as they arrive.

Erik Lundquist
Old 08-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #34
Georgia Rally Coordinator

One thing I noticed is that the pantry is on the same side as refrig. If it's anything like our V-lite you get an enormous amount of heat build up in that pantry which also effects the cooling of the refrig. We open that door during hot days to help remove the heat and make the frig operate better.

When we took the plant tour in Goshen this month we brought this up to our tour guide who is ahead of product development. It's possible they may put some type louvered door on the pantry to dissipate the heat. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #35
Site Team

FR has come out with Roo/Shamrock models, over the years, that only last one or two seasons.

one of the most infamous ones, was the 183RD, a rework of the 183.
here's a video of one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=8ISCaksjzZI

the white picket fence was met with lots of laughter, from the Hybrid community.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:19 PM   #36

Really? Is that a joke?
Kansas Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #37

If that 183RD came with 2.3 kids and a dog it would have been the perfect American Dream on wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2019 Surveyor 251RKS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:05 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Camper View Post
Really? Is that a joke?
nope, they came in both Roo and Shamrock.

it was a complete flop for FR and was made fun of, on the various internet Hybrid forums.

don't know how FR management thought this would sell, but at least they were thinking outside the box.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:28 AM   #39

Maybe the R&D folks that year were heavy beer drinkers.
Kansas Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:58 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
FR has come out with Roo/Shamrock models, over the years, that only last one or two seasons.

one of the most infamous ones, was the 183RD, a rework of the 183.
here's a video of one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=8ISCaksjzZI

the white picket fence was met with lots of laughter, from the Hybrid community.
That is too funny! A deck off the back? "Hey, Love, we can go camping and cook outside without ever touching the ground!" Though I know of a couple of places in CO and UT where you could back your trailer near the edge of a cliff and have the deck hanging over a bit. But you wouldn't want to use those steps off the deck and you would want to be pretty careful of how well you chocked your trailer.
drhroo is offline   Reply With Quote