Old 08-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #21

Love.. Love.. Love.. maybe in the future..

Old 08-25-2015, 10:23 PM   #22

I've never seen anything like that on the Forest River site. Notice the price was 23K but if you look at the sticker 31K?

Old 08-25-2015, 10:29 PM   #23
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

That is a first! The pantry with a glass door, the new entertainment center, lazy boy (must be a new option), then the big bonus a shower with a door. The bath is very much like the new 23WS, that is reported to be a larger shower.

Looking at the window sticker (factory invoice) it looks like the chairs and the entertainment center is a new option! Theater Seating $1,120.00.

I wonder is the pantry is an option?

Wonder why the new floor plan is still in the old colors.

I wonder what other surprises might released at Hersey?

Erik Lundquist
Old 08-26-2015, 12:27 AM   #24

Hmmmm....I wonder if we can mod my 2014 bathroom to incorporate that shower! I thought I liked the new entertainment center, offering more privacy to the front bunk, but how do you watch TV from that bunk? I think I like my set up better for viewing. I also like my rear bunk tv set up also. The shelving back there on the new one makes it "look" much smaller and confined. The pantry doesn't really do anything for me. There's plenty of storage in this model without it.

What I like about the 2016...
*the shower. BIG improvement.
*it appears to have a spray faucet on the kitchen island..nice.
*front facing wardrobe near the fridge, vs. the side facing wardrobes in my 2014 - easier access, but I think I have more storage there..not sure.
*nicer freezer door compartment. I have the stupid juice can rack..so useless.

what I DON'T like..
*less cabinets over the dinette/couch area and don't like that they look cheap in comparison to the raised panel door in the rest of the camper. Why the empty overhead spot in between the recliners and dinette? Odd again...
*the microwave moved over the counter and the cabinets over the stove..odd, and gives you much less height to prepare meals on the counter space.
*two large drawers next to the stove vs. the my three drawer and one door set up that leads to a pass through to outside.
*doors on the island are only on the kitchen side. Mine has doors all the way around, so you can get into the cabinet once the slides are in if you have to.

Sooooo...I guess I like mine better, but that shower...it's gonna happen in mine if it's the last thing I do!

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:32 AM   #25

Hmmm. This one feels to me like they are trying to squeeze too much in. We like the open feeling of the front bunk though admittedly it is just the two of us and we use the back bunk for sleeping. (Planning on putting some light-duty shelves or something in the space for a TV back there.) I don't like the pantry and the big pantry door and prefer the earlier designs with the entertainment center there. Though the recliner approach would be nice, I would still prefer that it not be chopped into two chairs which limits its use as a "love seat" or a place for kids to curl up sideways. And why the split cabinets over the dinette/sofa?

The hard side shower might be nice but I'd have to try it out to make sure I was able to move around with out smacking it with an elbow or knee or whatever. Especially when I drop the soap.

So it looks like the "wardrobe" is one, deeper closet rather than the two shallower closets in the prior model. We wouldn't care for that. With the current arrangement we have a his/hers and it works great.

I also agree with sewingcybermom that I prefer the earlier arrangement of the microwave and the cabinet next to it. Not sure why the switch.

I like the idea of a hose/spray faucet for the kitchen sink if in fact that is what it is.

But it some ways it looks like they reused parts from other Rockwood units and not everything seems to fit or feels like it was forced into the plan. At least not for me/us.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:47 AM   #26

Man fr is all over the place with our Roos. Old colors, new layouts...what the...

I would kill for theater seats but what am I looking at? The TV faces nowhere and if you pull it out you block the door?

I don't know what to think about this beast...intrigued but confused.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #27

I like the old entertainment center as well. The TV will need to be pulled out in front of the door to be seen. The pantry door looks a little funky to me and although I like the hard sided shower I would need to see how usable the sink is with much less room to maneuver. I am considering the 23IKSS as my next upgrade and I am really curious where Forest River is going with this.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #28

One last thing, the theater seating is very nice but the couch provided an option to turtle if required. I'm sure you could sleep on the theater seating but it would not be very comfortable.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:25 AM   #29
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

I like the shower - but this picture might be from 23WS as the cabinet colors look different from the rest. But then again FR might have made their 5th wheels/ TT shower fit in the Hybrids. If so I like this shower door option better. I had more room in these showers.

I am not sure about the new pantry/entertainment center/ theater seating - I am thinking these are part of a new option package.
Maybe the old entertainment center will remain w/o Theater Seating Option.

The microwave move must have been to increase room above cooktop for larger pots. I cook so I like this move.

The change to the drawers next to the stove and the island doors changed several months ago. I believe the islands first lost all the doors as some complained about things falling out the other side. Then the island got thinner to permit more room for the slide when retracted. I herd of complaints of the slide hitting the island when traveling.

I know the space next to the stove went from drawers behind doors, to one door with three exposed small drawers on the right, and now three full exposed drawers. I know the drawers behind the doors was an access problem for me as you where stuck in between the doors.

The cabinets above the sofa, the front facing wardrobe, and rear bed shelves most likely changed for the larger shower. I am not sure if the living room slide got shorter, but might explain the cabinets above sofa. Unless there are some rear speakers mounted there for surround sound as part of the Theater Seating Option.

The flat face doors above the living room slide are different? I too like the wood face doors better.

Erik Lundquist
Old 08-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #30
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

In the last year I have not seen the rear bed TV listed as an option. I have seen most pictures on recent models showing an outlet and cable hook up back there. Is the hook up now a standard feature?

Is the second TV a dealer option?

FR told me several months ago they switched the ventilation fans to Maxxair Maxxfan units with the exterior covers installed as a stock feature. I wonder if they have an upgrade/ option for the Maxxair Maxxfan Deluxe model that opens electronically with the handheld thermostat/ remote control?

I installed the Maxxair Maxxfan Deluxe on my popup and it's great for controlling night ventilation without getting out of bed durning the cold nights.

Erik Lundquist